Executive Assistant, Labor Relations
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Provide invaluable day-to-day administrative support to Labor Relations Executives by acting as the 1st point of contact for union business representatives, business agents, other studio labor executives, the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP), internal management/staff employees, production executives and production management. Establish and maintain effective administrative and filing systems, answer a high volume of phone calls and manage the phone log (incoming/outgoing calls) and task status. Coordinate hectic bargaining schedules with travel arrangements, prepare for meetings and negotiations. Prepare and reconcile expense reports using SAP/AMEX/CONCUR. Maintain contact information, ability to research a variety of matters including utilizing the internet, and other duties, as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, professional under pressure, proactive and willing to take initiative, flexible, resourceful, collaborative, confidential, and able to multi-task various projects from inception to completion.
• Manage meeting and negotiations calendars
• Interact with a wide range of people in a professional, proactive, and courteous manner
• Assist and at times manage projects from inception to completion (Responsibilities may vary from scheduling and coordinating to actual research and creation of project) and report back once tasks have been completed
• Partner with internal team to compile information and to ensure reports and summaries are accurate
• Prepare (and occasionally) create PowerPoint presentations for internal (and occasionally external) purposes
• Build teams and establish relationships regardless of title and level
• Minimum of 2 years administrative experience in the entertainment industry
• Ability to anticipate problems, problem solve and know when to escalate issues in a timely manner
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Must have knowledge of the entertainment industry and knowledge of key players, highly desirable
• Knowledge of and familiarity with unionized workforces
• Labor Relations experience, preferred
• Strong working knowledge and proficiency with PC and MAC business tools, i.e., Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.), SHAREPOINT, File Maker Pro, SAP, CONCUR and American Express reservation systems, etc.
• Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team and with demanding personalities
• Impeccable phone etiquette and exceptional interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated professional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Proven knowledge of Walt Disney Company policies and procedures preferred
• College Degree or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.