Disney Launchpad Manager, Representation and Inclusion Strategies
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/27/2022 12:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Disney Launchpad Manager, Representation and Inclusion Strategies jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Disney Launchpad Manager, Representation and Inclusion Strategies postings
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Would you like to be part of a team that collaborates to create the most inclusive content and stories in the movie industry? As the Disney Launchpad Manager, you will be part of a groundbreaking team dedicated to identifying, supporting, and empowering the next generation of Disney Filmmakers.
Disney Studios Content seeks a Disney Launchpad Manager to join the Disney Launchpad team, which is a part of the greater Representation and Inclusion Strategies and Engagement (RISE) team. The RISE team is a highly visible department that plays an integral part in key business decisions across the Studio organization and the company.
As a Disney Launchpad Manager, you will be part of a groundbreaking team that produces the critically acclaimed Disney Launchpad shorts, an opportunity for underrepresented filmmakers to produce an original, scripted and live-action shorts for Disney , produced by Walt Disney Pictures.
You will report to the Launchpad Sr. Manager, and will work closely with the Director, Market and Launchpad Coordinator. You will provide project management leadership and support to the Studio's seminal inclusion initiative. To be successful in this role, you possess a broad understanding of the film and entertainment business, the filmmaking process, the creative talent pool, and have strong program administration experience and organizational skills.
• Support the Senior Manager by running lead on Season Three Disney Launchpad shorts slate distributed on Disney and mentoring emerging filmmakers.
• Support the Disney Shorts Incubator selection process:
• Review applications for the Shorts Incubator
• Identify potential Launchpad Application Reviewer candidates
• Support Launchpad Sr. Manager in operational needs as assigned. Schedule all Launchpad-related meetings for Manager and Sr. Manager.
• Collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders to sustain and build out program including Tech (to refresh the website), HR, Legal, Labor Relations, Employee Relations, Enterprise Diversity and Inclusion, Production, Disney , and others.
• Find Disney executive mentors to act as creative stewards of each short.
• Provide creative notes and feedback on shorts in pre-production and development, ensuring representation and creativity.
• Partner with AFI to host 20 educational classes on professional and cinematic storytelling development. The Launchpad Coordinator is responsible for organizing all classes but the Manager will work with the Coordinator and Sr. Manager to host the weekly night time classes (two classes every week from 6-10pm PST on the lot or held virtually and one Saturday field trip to the AFI campus).
• Support Senior Manager in leading internal production team of 150 and cultivate culture of inclusion, trust, diversity and most importantly, kindness, compassion, and love.
• Placement Officer:
• Manage database of program alumni (writers, directors, producers, performers, crew) and work to identify future career opportunities at TWDC post-program completion. Build relationships and pathways towards this goal.
• Manage database of semi-finalists, finalists, applicants, and work to identify future career opportunities, resources or access.
• Support Director, Market in above-the-line pathway programs to give access and opportunity to underrepresented filmmakers.
• Work with the Launchpad Coordinator to plan events with industry filmmakers or business leaders.
• Recruit for the next season of Launchpad by scouting talent and actively pitching the program to them.
• Build strong relationships across our company, studios, and brands: Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Animation Studios (WDAS), Pixar, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, DTG (Disney Theatre Group aka live theatre, musicals on ice), 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures.
• 4 years of related work experience
• Experience in or demonstrated passion for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Experience in event planning and/or project management
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• A proactive and resourceful attitude
• Strong relationship-building and communication skills
• Strong creative development skills from an artist-first standpoint
• Must be able to work onsite or at offsite events on evenings, weekends and holidays based on business needs
• Proven ability to execute initiatives that require broad-based buy-in for success
• Strategic thinker with superior collaboration skills
• Keen understanding of the creative process and strong script development skills
• Has relevant production experience
• Ability to influence and work through others in a highly matrixed organization
• Experience having led people or indirectly led projects where had to influence and communicate to senior executives
• Compassion and love for artists is a must
It would be great if you are familiar with:
• The ability to provide content feedback on projects in pre-production and development, ensuring representation and maximizing diverse storytelling opportunities
• Learning management systems
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.