Director, Worldwide Marketing
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/9/2021 5:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Worldwide Marketing jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Director, Worldwide Marketing postings
Full Time Job
Reporting to the VP, Marketing and Franchise Management, the Director World Wide Marketing will serve as the bridge between our productions and partners across the company providing information, alignment, creative assets and strategic guidance to support the launch and to maximize the success of new Walt Disney Animation Studios films, series and shorts in products, experiences and marketing campaigns globally. This role will build and implement process and partner closely with each production to organize and oversee all film marketing related needs, activity and incoming requests from various business units across The Walt Disney Company.
• Lead Walt Disney Animation Studios (WDAS) Marketing team in the creation, organization and distribution of creative assets for distribution to internal partners while maintaining financial responsibility.
• Present film pitches and marketing presentations on behalf of WDAS filmmakers.
• Drive strategic forward planning to ensure marketing needs are efficiently incorporated into production and filmmaker schedules.
• Provide creative guidance and strategy to ensure film integrity and filmmakers vision is implemented at all times throughout campaign activations.
• Build and implement schedule for creation of AV and print assets through animation pipeline while considering film production schedule and marketing deadlines.
• Oversee and manage incoming projects and requests to ensure they are executed in a timeline an strategic manner in alignment with larger campaign goals.
• Manages staff and delegates work assignments appropriately.
• Develops employees; ensures employees are inspired to realize maximum potential.
• Lead strategic cadence for development and distribution of reference materials and pitch materials.
• Review new film reference and pitch materials for cross company use.
• Work closely with Franchise & Product Development teams to support them in the development and marketing of products worldwide, in alignment with campaign goals.
• Builds and implements process to increase speed to market and ensure brand integrity.
• Align with Studio Marketing and Franchise Management teams for proactive
management and support for the film/content releases.
• Proactively develop and maintain productive, positive relationships with key partners across the Company.
• Optimizes partnering and 3rd party promotional opportunities related to the launch of new films and content.
• Provide strategic guidance for all marketing creative activations across lines of business related to the global launch of new films/content, and ensure creative is routed and reviewed by appropriate stakeholders including filmmakers.
• Lead filmmaker reviews and executive level meetings as needed.
• Manage department budgets and inspire creative and operational excellence.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or other related field or equivalent work experience.
• 10 or more years experience in Entertainment Marketing
• At least 5 years team management experience with ability to develop strong teams.
• Strong knowledge of Animation Production pipeline.
• Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of Keynote, Word, Google docs, Excel and experience with PowerPoint.
• Possesses superior organizational skills, with high attention to detail.
• Maintains professional demeanor in stressful situations at all times.
• Embraces teamwork; shares ideas; prioritizes team building and diversity and inclusion.
• Is resourceful; knows how and where to obtain information and other assets.
• Strong communications & presentation skills, business process and creative management, analysis of industry trends, worldwide marketing experience, and knowledge of new media.
• Has a global mindset and understands the impact of new technology; uses technology to enhance decision-making.
• Is proactive in learning new technology to improve performance.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.