Director Of Production Technology
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/18/2021 2:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director Of Production Technology jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Director Of Production Technology postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director Of Production Technology? Job Summary:
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, then we want to hear from you.
The Director of Production Technology is the leader of the team that delivers and supports creative tools to our artists. Driving continuous improvement of our production software and artist tools, the Director nurtures and coaches the team, fosters a culture of innovation and experimentation, partners with show leadership to deliver on the creative needs of our productions, and partners with our studio's Workflow team to deliver on our strategy and long term vision for content creation across the Studio.
• Meet production needs
• Ensure successful delivery of Production Technology initiatives.
• Partner with Technical Supervisors and other show leadership to ensure important show needs are met.
• Act as the escalation point for facilitating the timely resolution of complex issues relating to production software.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to creatively balance conflicting needs and our focus on innovation, while also ensuring delivery within our content production teams' priorities and timelines.
• Maintain a healthy balance of short and long term development needs across multiple shows.
• Create and execute on strategies to continually foster and build trust and transparency between teams across our Production and Technology groups.
• Keep the team healthy and functioning efficiently
• Ensure the team has a clear understanding of consistent design principles and software development practices.
• Coach and develop team members to strengthen the capabilities of the team.
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement with software development practices.
• Build and execute talent development and acquisition strategies for the team in collaboration with Crew Managers and HR Business Partner, ensuring that we take a robust approach to recruitment and career development.
• Define and manage the department budget to ensure alignment with the studio's financial goals.
• Maintain strong stakeholder relationships
• Collaborate closely with other technology leaders to provide a holistic, integrated technology platform for the studio.
• Ensure proactive communication and healthy collaboration between all groups involved with Production Technology initiatives so that everyone is aligned and on the same page.
• Drive innovation:
• Allocate time, and champion the need, for experimentation with new and emerging technologies and techniques.
• Partner with Studio CG Supervisor and the Workflow team to develop and execute on the studio's Tools & Workflow strategy.
• Connect with industry and academic partners and events to track trends and provide thought leadership.
• Manage relationships and maintain healthy collaboration with other Disney studios, external development partners and third party software vendors.
• Nurture sustainable, high quality technology:
• Work with key team members and stakeholders to keep a focus on strategy, ensure the work stays connected with the goals, and keep the team aligned on a shared vision for the future.
• Responsible for high quality engineering and application of best practices across tools within Production Technology.
• Ensure the production software tool portfolio is healthy and sustainable.
• Minimum of 6 years in a software engineering leadership role.
• Broad technical experience, able to credibly lead a wide variety of work.
• Leadership experience in a creative production environment, especially within the realm of Film/TV Animation or VFX.
• Strong technical expertise in the field of computer graphics, ideally including development of tools and pipeline in feature film production.
• Proven track record of delivering successfully on a portfolio of innovative projects with multiple stakeholders.
• A direct communicator with a point of view and a proven ability to influence others through diplomacy. Must be able to articulate ideas effectively when presenting to large groups, other executives, and business leaders.
• Outstanding people manager/supervisor, mentor, and collaborator with a passion for developing talent.
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships and connections with others.
• Willing to make key strategic decisions, communicate the thinking behind those decisions, and then drive the adoption throughout our studio.
• Bachelor degree in a related field
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019's Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.