Director, Multicultural Audience Engagement, Content Advisement
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/28/2021 11:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Search for Director, Multicultural Audience Engagement, Content Advisement jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Director, Multicultural Audience Engagement, Content Advisement postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Multicultural Audience Engagement, Content Advisement?
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Director, Multicultural Audience Engagement, Content Advisement will report to the VP, Multicultural Audience Engagement, and will oversee development of market-facing strategies to ensure content, marketing, and distribution efforts are relevant to a rapidly diversifying and global audience. This person will co-lead our strategy in providing creative notes and feedback on projects for the entire life cycle of a film, from development and pre-production to marketing and distribution, ensuring representation, eradicating stereotypes and tropes, and maximizing diverse storytelling opportunities.
• Culturally advise on content, especially stories and characters, to make sure our content is culturally accurate, authentic, inclusive, and devoid of stereotypes and tropes. Guide partners to evaluate opportunities across the spectrum of representation and act as a resource
• Project manage a 2.0 scalable content advisement framework across Studios (train the trainer), partnering with Corporate Brand Management, TWDC DEI leads, Internal Planning and Franchise Management, creative executives across the Studios, and other key stakeholders, across content, marketing, and distribution
• Project manage implementation of technology solutions to streamline the 2.0 content advisement framework
• Co-lead and manage the content advisement team, along with the other Director, Multicultural Audience Engagement, Content Advisement
• Manage a team (which could be up to 3 people) and direct their projects. This includes co-managing the Coordinator of Content Advisement with the other Director, Multicultural Audience Engagement, Content Advisement
• Build and lead a process to continuously engage with key consultants and community partners
• Partner with DEI leads at Lucasfilm, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar, and others on consistent cultural content authenticity strategies
• Oversee management of third-party consultants who advise on content, consumer strategy, and more
• Partner with Internal Planning Franchise Management to manage global franchise strategies across Studio businesses and ensure alignment between The Walt Disney Company and Studio efforts
• Build strong creative and business relationships across our Studios and brands: Disney Live Action, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, Disney Theatrical Group, 20th Century Studio, and Searchlight Pictures
• Collaborate with Studio Communications and Human Resources on an on-going communication strategy to reinforce Studio's DEI story
• Identify and guide Studio social responsibility and community engagement efforts in partnership with marketing
• 5 years of work experience, with project management experience
• Keen understanding of the creative filmmaking process and ability to provide creative feedback on projects for the entire life cycle of a film, from development and pre-production to marketing and distribution, ensuring representation and maximizing diverse storytelling opportunities
• Strategic thinker with superior project management and collaboration skills
• A track record of positive and productive relationships with a variety of industry experts across dimensions of identity
• Strong external/industry network of DEI resources to leverage in educating team and advancing work
• Understands structural and systemic inclusion and equity work and how to drive long-lasting change and business ownership
• Demonstrates mature leadership skills with the ability to turn vision into action, motivate others to achieve goals, follow through on decisions, draw out the best in others, and lead with compassion and kindness
• Comfortable in a conceptual environment and has demonstrated experience to translate vision into action
• Ability to influence and work through others in a highly matrixed organization
• Has demonstrated experience managing a team
• Experience with content or business development strategies for key consumer groups including women, Latinx/o/a, Black and African Americans, Asian American and Pacific Islanders, Native/Indigenous community, people with disabilities, LGBQT , and others
• International work experience, especially as it pertains to diversity and inclusion
• A passion for diversity, equality, and inclusion
• BA/BS Degree or Comparable Work Experience
• Location: Remote and based in U.S. When COVID safety measures allow, this position may require travel (primarily to Burbank, CA)
• Reports to: Vice President, Multicultural Audience Engagement
• Status: Full-time, exempt
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.