Director, Artist Recruitment
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Artist Recruitment (Disney Television Animation)
The Director of Artist Recruitment will oversee production hiring and recruitment strategy for Disney Television Animation current series based at our Glendale and Burbank, CA studios. This candidate will contribute a strong sense of innovation, always striving to find diverse talent that brings new voices and fresh perspectives to a constantly improving recruiting process and outreach program, in addition to building a world-class Recruiting Department at Disney Television Animation.
• Responsible for the recruitment of top-tier talent, with a targeted emphasis on Story, Design, and Production Management for all Glendale and Burbank based DTVA current series productions.
• Develop change management strategies, roll out plans, training and guidance for all Managers studio wide for a variety of initiatives including system implementation.
• Collaborate with Producers, Production Executives and Artist Management to develop studio and series specific recruitment strategies and action plans.
• Advise on interview techniques, candidate selection, compensation, immigration work visas, union guidelines, and industry trends.
• Develop and implement diversity, equity and inclusion recruitment strategies and processes that align with The Walt Disney Company and Disney General Entertainment initiatives.
• Oversee the School Outreach Recruitment Program for Design, Story and Production Management, which includes school presentations, portfolio reviews, interviews, career fairs and information sessions.
• Partner with the Outreach Manager to plan and organize the Disney Television Animation presence at major conferences and industry events. This includes contract negotiations, booth plan, developing panels, portfolio reviews, networking and recruiting focused events.
• Represent DTVA at all at major conferences and industry events. Ability to attract and bring in new and upcoming talent.
• Work with Global Mobility partners on candidate immigration cases and requests.
• Build and maintain supportive/collaborative relationships with Vice Presidents of Production and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Production Executives, Producers and Artist Management.
• Engage and develop relationships with recruiting partners in industry organizations and maintain awareness of professional trends and news. Understand overall landscape of studio schedules and how artist availability could be impacted.
• 5 years of experience in Recruiting with an emphasis on Story/Visual Development/Pre-Production Animation skill sets.
• Proven ability to evaluate candidate art work and/or technical qualifications
• Proven ability to effectively manage the recruiting process as well as relationships with hiring managers.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to travel for Animation industry events, conferences and school outreach trips.
• 7 years of experience in Recruiting with an emphasis on Story/Visual Development/Pre-Production Animation skill sets is preferred.
• Leadership in Television Animation specifically is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of 2D and CG Animation, and/or Visual Effects production is a plus.
• Experience in HR and/or with implementing applicant tracking systems and associated processes is preferred; experience with Workday is a plus.
• Knowledge of Animation Guild (839) and OPEIU unions.
• Knowledge of Immigration work visas and employment law.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Strong consultative and partnering skills. Ability to establish priorities independently, multi-task efficiently, and work with diverse personalities and all levels of management in a high-pressure environment.
• Outstanding customer service skills and ability to develop and foster relationships with internal stakeholders.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as solid follow-through on multiple projects.
• Positive attitude and ability to be flexible in a non-static environment
• Ability to re-define and execute new processes and workflows in an ever changing environment; demonstrate strategic and out of the box thinking.
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.