Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/3/2021 7:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Development Coordinator jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Development Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Company
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you'll have the opportunity to join a team that's beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you've been looking for.
Walt Disney Animation Studios
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, stretching from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. At Walt Disney Animation Studios' top filmmakers, artists and technical wizards collaborate to create the magic of animation. Bring your unique talents, passion and ideas to our team and prepare to play in a creative, artist-friendly environment.
The Development Coordinator role meaningfully contributes to the early development process for animated feature films and Disney streaming content. The DevCoord works in concert with the creative executives and production management personnel as the day-to-day support for filmmakers as they work to articulate and develop their film ideas. Duties include providing inspirational research for projects' world & characters; on-going, in-depth searches for writers who match the sensibility of the projects and the filmmaker-driven, collaborative culture of Disney Animation; and creative support of story and pitch presentations. The Development Coordinator reports to and takes direction from the VP, Creative Development and a Senior Creative Executive in a highly team-oriented environment.
• Participate in constant search for and outreach to writers, both emerging and veteran, to match with directors by soliciting & analyzing scripts and interviewing writers
• Execute research initiatives, helping integrate ongoing research into story development
• Provide creative support in story rooms, including: taking thematic notes, building presentations, whiteboarding, etc
• Participate in creative feedback on pitches, screenings, story and notes sessions
• Establish & build relationships with writers, agents and industry executives, and other relevant creative communities, to scout emerging & diverse writing talent
• Assist in sourcing of story consultants for projects both in development and in production
• Create & maintain project folders containing written materials, notes & milestones
• Maintain tracking documents including project milestones and research
• Handle collection & delivery of all materials for writer credit determination process
• Solid understanding of screenplay structure, character and analysis
• Knowledge of film/tv/theater/entertainment industry, and strong interest in animation
• Ability to effectively communicate and work collaboratively with all levels of creative talent and management, and with diverse personalities and work styles, is crucial
• Flexibility, professionalism & ability to prioritize when handling the multiple and diverse demands of a fast-paced and dynamic creative team environment
• Good taste, maturity and focus are a must
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Strong ability to learn new technologies
• 1 year experience in a relevant, comparable environment is required
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019's Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.