Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
This is a 12 month Project Hire role.
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. The Communication Design & Branding team collaborates with partners within Walt Disney Animation Studios to provide visual design and creative resources across a variety of projects, from print and environmental to digital and media. If you're an expert in graphic design, love animation, and are curious about the inner workings of the innovative technologies behind it, this role may be for you! The Designer will develop creative solutions to support our Disney Animation teams, with an emphasis on Outreach and Talent Acquisition, to visually tell the stories of who we are, what we do, and how we create. Projects may include branding/identity, presentations, visualizations, social media creative, web, motion graphics, video/media, environmental/spatial, print collateral, merchandise, and more, for internal and external-facing executions. You'll build relationships with our production teams, and collaborate with them to understand, visually facilitate and convey their work. The ideal candidate will possess deep knowledge and passion for design, typography, layout, and storytelling. Working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment alongside designers, artists, engineers, studio teams and vendors, you'll bring a fresh perspective in creating designs and solutions to visually highlight the stories, films, work and people at Disney Animation.
• Create appealing and accessible graphic & visual designs, presentations, infographics, visualizations, and media across multiple platforms that communicate animation filmmaking and production concepts at various levels, to various audiences, internal and external-facing
• Build strong relationships with those in production roles across the studio, to understand, partner and creatively collaborate on strategic initiatives relating to industry, outreach, talent acquisition, marketing/publicity and studio culture.
• Collaborate closely with production and design teams, aligning objectives with studio design and communication goals
• Work within brand guidelines to create designs that represent Disney Animation through its visual touch points including (but not limited to) print, digital/web, video content, social media, environmental, and merchandise.
• Develop visual design of websites, tools, digital communications, etc., working closely with a UX/UI Designer
• Concept and capture images and footage of people, teams and events across the studio
• Manage projects from concept through delivery, prioritizing tasks, communicating progress and meeting deadlines
• Create and organize assets, converting for different mediums, platforms, and devices
• 4 years experience working in a fast-paced, high-volume creative studio (in-house and/or agency) for an entertainment brand
• Proven ability in design; understanding of typography, layout, form, color, environment/space; well versed in design process and production methods
• Experience with or curiosity toward current and emerging technologies, software, and tools as well as trends in design, art, film, music and social media
• Demonstrated high-level proficiency in: visual design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD, Figma), video editing software (Premiere, AfterEffects), presentation software (Keynote); Google Workspace (Slides, Docs, Forms, etc.)
• Demonstrated basic understanding of coding (HTML, CSS) in order to partner with developers
• Proven experience in camera and video/audio recording equipment operation
• Excellent time management and visual, written, verbal communication and presentation skills
• Strong collaboration and relationship building skills
• Passionate about creating effective data-informed designs
• Strength in creative problem solving and passion for creating meaningful user experiences
• Self-motivated with the ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively
• High level of execution and strong attention to detail and organization
• Demonstrated ability to effectively take direction and feedback with a positive
• We're looking for a resourceful problem solver, learner and tinkerer!
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019's Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.