Data & Analytics Intern, Disney Animation Summer
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/29/2021 1:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Data & Analytics Intern, Disney Animation Summer jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Data & Analytics Intern, Disney Animation Summer postings
Full Time Paid Internship
The Production Data and Analytics team is responsible for developing a strategy and vision for cross-functional and complex data analysis projects. This team aggregates data across multiple CG-animated productions and transforms it into meaningful insights that inform decision making at both the operational and executive levels.
• Participating in the building of the next generation of statistical models, metrics, and visualizations for our studio
• Contributing to the building of production tools and visualizations that enable the production management teams to run scenarios and build informed plans for our films
• Enhance performance by applying advanced mathematical modeling, simulation, data analytics, optimization techniques, and data visualization
• Conducting ad-hoc analysis
• Experience collecting, analyzing and manipulating large data sets
• Experience using one or more programming languages (Python, Java, C , etc.)
• Experience in data visualization (D3.js, Tableau, Matplotlib, etc.)
• Good communication skills
• Comfortable in a creative environment
• Experience with statistical tools (R, SAS, etc.) and analysis, regression modeling and forecasting
• Working towards (or recently graduated with) an undergraduate degree in Analytics, Statistics, Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or other related field
• GPA of 3.0 or higher
• At least 18 years of age
• Unrestricted work authorization
• Available full time for 12 weeks from May/June through August/September
• Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
• Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019's Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.