Coordinator, Franchise Management
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Walt Disney Studios Franchise Management & Integrated Planning facilitates alignment among the Studio and lines of business across The Walt Disney Company, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, Home Entertainment, Disney Music Group), as teams develop strategies and plans in support of films and franchises from Pixar Animation Studios, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Disney Live Action, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, Blue Sky Studios and 20th Century Fox Films. The team collaborates on a global scale to maximize the value of these brands and respective films while supporting the processes and priorities of internal business partners.
The Coordinator, Franchise Management position supports the Senior Manager, Franchise Management, in ongoing efforts to partner closely with all Disney and 20th Century Studios (20CS) lines of businesses to provide film reference materials and product development guidance to ensure creative and strategic alignment for the TWDS Live Action and 20CS film properties. Candidate must have excellent organizational skills, have an eye for creative, and a strong knowledge of the Disney brand
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Support Senior Manager in the acquisition, organization, security processing and tracking of film related assets including, but not limited to, reference photography submissions from Franchise Liaison which require organization and uploading to PIX
• Support Senior Manager in the tracking of various materials submitted for approvals (e.g. ''EPK'' quotes, film frames/photography, etc.) as well as tracking of product submissions from cross-company partners
• Support Senior Manager in the creation and dissemination of Film Reference Packs to provide as a guide for character, costumes, and props for product development
• Manage replicas displays and transportation for events
• Support story-driven presentation formatting as needed, including necessary watermarking and dissemination of presentation materials to stakeholders across TWDC and 20CS
• Maintain the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality regarding film assets in partnership with Team Asset Managers
• Provide periodic administrative duties as workload balance requires within the broader Franchise Management team assisting with scheduling meetings/resolving scheduling conflicts, coordinating agendas, taking meeting notes, tracking departmental calendars/lists and/or supporting key partner meetings as needed and determined by the department leadership.
• Highly collaborative and team-oriented work style
• Flexible, resourceful, and organized with stellar attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects independently
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent computer skills required: Photoshop, Keynote, Microsoft Office Suite, MAC Proficient
• Minimum 2 years of experience in brand/franchise management, product development, film production, film development, or marketing a plus
• Previous Disney experience preferred
• Bachelor's degree preferred – Media Arts, Visual Arts, Film
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.