Coordinator, Employee Relations
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Coordinator, Employee Relations (ER) supports The Walt Disney Studios ER function by providing direct support to the VP, Employee Relations and the Employee Relations teams. The Coordinator, HR plans and executes a variety of work designed to help the organization optimize productivity and engagement in the workforce and to drive current and future business results. This position requires an individual who is proactive, has the ability to manage several initiatives with competing priorities while partnering and collaborating with senior ER leadership.
• Executive support:
• Manage flow of information and files in/out of office;
• Act as first line of support by partnering on projects;
• Manage phones, calendars and meeting logistics; process expense reports; coordinate travel;
• Research and run ad hoc reports.
• Team support:
• Schedule and coordinate large scale meeting logistics;
• Create and prepare presentations and materials;
• Assist with data analysis;
• Track team deliverables;
• Support Employee Relations document control process;
• Order and stock office supplies;
• Provide scheduling/calendar support for team; general admin duties
• Department operations:
• Create and implement processes that streamline operations to support efficient and effective departmental operations;
• Manage the team budget;
• Process expense reports; coordinate travel;
• Develop and manage process for maintaining team files;
• Troubleshoot/work with appropriate departments to address IT, communication and operations issues on behalf of team;
• On-board/off-board department team members;
• Assist with other projects as needed.
• High level of confidentiality and discretion
• Superior attention to detail and high level of organization, with ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to anticipate needs of the team and addresses them in a proactive manner
• Flexible and able to change priorities as needed to meet deadlines
• Ability to creatively and proactively problem solve
• Quick learner with the ability to work in a very fast paced environment; demonstrates flexibility in approach and style
• Strong technical skills plus ability to troubleshoot basic technical issues
• Eager to learn and grow, but without losing focus on daily administrative tasks
• Self confident. Not afraid to ask questions and able to move with ambiguity and minimal supervision. Able to push back.
• Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and build strong working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• PHR or SPHR certification a plus
• Demonstrated interest in having a long-term career in Human Resources
• Minimum 1-2 years experience supporting one or more executives in a fast-paced environment
• Preferred experience in a customer-service focused environment
• Bachelor's Degree (preferred degree in Psychology, Human Resources or Business)
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.