Clearance Specialist Studio Clearances
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/1/2021 5:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Clearance Specialist Studio Clearances jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Clearance Specialist Studio Clearances postings
Full Time Job
The Studio Clearances team handles many aspects of legal clearances, including those related to production and marketing of films and other content released theatrically and on various home entertainment formats including Disney . Specialists analyze scripts and research reports to identify potential clearance issues and ensure appropriate clearance of names and places, dialogue, artwork, props, costumes, photographs, film/TV clips, mock-up designs, and building/architectural designs. They negotiate agreements with outside parties controlling rights to artwork, photography, footage, and other proprietary material used in studio content.
The team advises content production staff (e.g., producers, writers, art departments, set decorators, prop masters, costumers, editors, visual effects, animators) of clearance procedures. In connection therewith, they also review dailies, rough and final cuts of films, websites, bonus content, behind the scenes/EPK materials, interviews, bloopers, deleted scenes, trailers, TV spots, commercial tie-ins, print ads, home entertainment packaging/disc menus and other miscellaneous marketing materials.
The Clearance Specialist will be a vital part of the clearance team, taking on many of the above-mentioned responsibilities under the supervision of a manager.
• Reviews scripts, screenings, dailies, bonus materials and clips to ensure fictitious names and places, dialogue, artwork, props, and costumes have been vetted. Advises content production staff (e.g., art department, producers) of clearance procedures, and coordinates and communicates with such staff to ensure clearance procedures are followed.
• Negotiates clearances and creates/reviews clearance memos to ensure that changes are made in scripts, bonus materials or clips. Coordinates with Labor Relations, Corporate Legal and Casting Administration as necessary.
• Prepares releases/correspondence for outside agencies, corporations and other representatives for the use of film clips, titles, names, and other like items.
• Assesses rights needed from 3rd parties.
• Enters and tracks clearance related information into systems.
• Summarize marketing rights and restrictions, review contracts and may handle certain form agreements, in consultation with Clearances attorney and/or IP Counsel.
• Other materials requiring clearance review may include print advertising, trailers/TV spots, featurettes, behind-the-scenes footage/bloopers, publicity, promotional copy, online digital marketing materials, clips, sweepstakes/contests, literary media, retailer marketing materials, packaging, El Capitan marketing, premium and upgrade offers, billboards, standees, newsletters to exhibitors, art licenses, and commercial tie-in materials, among other materials.
• Evaluate and provide guidance regarding guild issues, including WGA, SAG and DGA after consulting with Labor Relations and Screen Credits groups.
• Manage trademark and tag line clearance requests from Brand/Marketing through Corporate Legal.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a clearance related position, preferably in motion picture script clearance and/or entertainment industry.
• Must have strong relationship building and customer service skills.
• Must be highly detailed oriented, have strong oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to effectively assess risk and ascertain when issues ought to be raised to attorney and/or IP Legal.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced and fluctuating environment.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Filemaker Pro and Excel.
• Proven ability to do extensive proofreading and issue-spotting.
• BA/BS degree preferred.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.