Associate Project Manager Title Graphics
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Disney Digital Studio Services (DDSS) provides on-lot post-production services to filmmakers and Walt Disney Company stakeholders. DDSS services include sound mixing, editorial rooms, theatre and screening room operations, as well as a broad array of finishing and mastering services in support of filmmakers and distribution.
At DDSS, Associate Project Manager, Title Graphics will support the Sr. Manager, Title Graphics with day-to-day handling of localized graphics for Theatrical, Disney Originals, International Trailers, and Catalogue titles. This person should embody our business ethos of on-time, and right the first time for all of our customers. Attention to detail and ability to manage priorities are essential.
The APM must be technically knowledgeable of Compositing/CG processes in the service of gathering information and understanding business requirements, technical specifications, schedules and workflows. They will be responsible for scheduling of artist reviews and project assessments, identifying and resolving artist resourcing conflicts, creating/maintaining project milestone schedules, calculating costs for completed projects, ''owning'' the customer relationship between internal Walt Disney Company clients/stakeholders and DDSS, and communicating with partners within DDSS (and third party vendors) about shared deliverables. They will work with minimal supervision, handling routine matters in Manager's absence as well as keeping an eye out for ways to improve workflows/increase efficiency, etc.
• Project Management:
• Forecast the optimal use of resources to meet day to day delivery priorities.
• Assist in assigning day-to-day priorities of Title Artists, and ensuring they are set up for success with the assets and applications/plugins they need.
• Create, maintain and analyze team metrics, scheduling, and status updates. Escalate issues when necessary.
• Client Services and partner management:
• Build and foster positive relationships with our customers and partners.
• Collaborate with customers to understand their Title Graphics needs and manage expectations so that realistic schedules are created and met.
• Liaise with Disney Character Voices Inc (DCVI) regarding credits and translations for localized title graphics and dubcards.
• Partner with other departments (i.e. Engineering, QC, Projection, Audio, Mastering, etc.) to ensure we are operationally in sync to meet customers' needs.
• Maintain daily communication regarding the status of the work, proactively communicating schedule changes and their impact on work and costs.
• Process Improvement & Innovation:
• Identify opportunities to improve existing workflows/systems and understand new technologies that we can leverage to be the most effective, innovative, and secure facility in the industry.
• Labor Cost Estimation & Billing:
• Partner with artists to assess projects and estimate time needed.
• Create internal cost estimates before work start.
• Ensure that proper time is billed, and that the work is within cost estimates.
• At least 5 years' experience working in VFX / Title Design / AV Marketing.
• Strong understanding of the VFX / Title Design process and technical delivery requirements.
• General and specific knowledge of the workflows and services offered within DDSS (with the ability to learn and grasp new workflow concepts in the context of the industry's changing requirements).
• College Degree Preferred (field of study Media, Cinema, Post Production, etc. preferred)
• Proficient in Salesforce, Microsoft Excel, MediaPulse and Google Sheets.
• General knowledge of industry leading Compositing/CG software (Adobe CC, Nuke, C4D, Maya, and Resolve) preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively with cross-cultural teams is a must.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.