Associate Principal Counsel Studios Marketing
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking an attorney to join the Walt Disney Studios Marketing Legal Affairs team. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for all legal matters arising during the course of motion picture marketing, including but not limited to, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of agreements needed to create and distribute marketing materials for marketing of content; and providing legal counsel to marketing executives and other key stakeholders in an accurate and timely manner, including providing thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues.
You will draft contracts relevant to advertising, publicity, and marketing, including talent and materials releases, sponsorship and promotion agreements, platform and social media agreements, and content licensing agreements. You will coordinate with Walt Disney Company subject matter experts (e.g., intellectual property, music, privacy, employment, labor, risk management, piracy, brand, etc.) to address issues arising from global marketing and advertising content.
You will manage important relationships with our business and entertainment partners, provide advice to senior management, and assist more senior counsel in the development of department policies, procedures and to help shape strategies. You will be expected to work independently but generally subject to supervision of more senior lawyers in the group, in particular seeking guidance on more complex or high-risk matters.
• JD degree. Admission and good standing status in a state Bar association with the willingness and qualification to be Authorized House Counsel.
• 5 years of significant legal experience with at least 2 years in the entertainment industry.
• Solid understanding of business and legal issues pertaining to marketing and advertising.
• Demonstrated capacity to keep current on emerging business and legal trends in motion picture, television and new media industry.
• Superior drafting, negotiation, communication and organizational skills. Significant experience drafting and negotiating promotion, sponsorship and advertising agreements.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well in a team environment and act as a resource to colleagues with less experience. Ability to build interdepartmental relationships at all levels.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and present arguments to higher-level attorneys and clients to help shape strategic decisions made by those individuals. Ability to effectively challenge business approach and articulate legal risks.
• Ability to evaluate and reconcile issues from the business-unit and enterprise level perspective.
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to work under deadlines and execute efficiently against multiple, high-priority and high volume projects. Demonstrates a clear ability to manage fast paced production environment.
• Ability to work in an environment with a high degree of confidentiality.
If you have an entrepreneurial drive, a winning attitude, and would enjoy working for a fun and adventurous company, please apply via www.disneycareers.com. Please use the requisition number in the key word search criteria. The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#legalaffairs, #LI-TD2 and #CORP_MEDIA
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.