Walt Disney PicturesGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
The Artist Manager is responsible for being the main point of contact for our Story and/or Design artists at the studio. Our goal is to present them with opportunities during series transitions as well as guide them through career growth and professional goals. In addition, the Artist Manager is responsible for partnering with Production and Show Leadership to staff up their series. The person in this role should promote a positive environment that fosters the growth of our employees as well as the overall well-being of the studio culture.
• Act as main point of contact with Story and/or Design Artists during series transitions and/or long hiatus periods. Communicate upcoming opportunities and handle all logistics around transitions including start and end dates, rate negotiations, vacation requests, and location moves.
• Collaborate with the Producers and Production Executives to evaluate deal proposals based on show budgets and compensation strategies set forth by VP's of Production and Human Resources.
• Understand individual artist skills and interests. Help to guide artists through career growth and professional goals.
• Track artists ready for mentorship and/or promotion opportunities.
• Identify areas of growth for artists. Collaborate with Enrichment & Training to provide classes that hone in on these areas.
• Work with Coordinator in Artist Management to ensure artist samples are current as well as the data in our internal database is up to date.
• Partner with Producers to anticipate staffing changes and additional resource needs throughout the life of a project.
• Set up and run artist portfolio review sessions with Production and Show Leadership. Curate artist list and samples depending on the needs of the series.
• Set up and run crew review sessions with Production and Show Leadership at the end of each season.
• Work with Production and Global Mobility to submit information pertinent to visa renewals and/or extensions when necessary.
• Collaborate with the Artist Manager, Executive Director of Artistic Management and VP of Technology to enhance artist tracking functionality within our current studio database.
• Manage and mentor the Coordinator in Artist Management. Work towards achieving department goals as well as their own career aspirations.
• Assist the Executive Director of Artist Management with leading our studio programs, specifically the Mentorship Program, the Internship Program and the Production Associate Placement Program.
• Partner with Artist Recruitment on needs for industry events specifically Lightbox and CTN.
• Make suggestions on how we can build additional functionality into our internal employee database to ensure we're using the tool at its highest level.
• Support Production and HR with employee relation issues as needed.
• 5-7 years of production and/or artist management experience in 2D/CG Animation, Visual Effects, and/or Video Game pipelines.
• 2 years of experience managing a team within a large-scale creative pipeline.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Extensive knowledge of preproduction pipelines.
• Familiarity with databases and asset management systems.
• Ability to establish priorities independently, multi-task efficiently, and work with diverse personalities and all levels of management in a high-pressure environment.
• Outstanding customer service skills and ability to develop and foster relationships with artists as well as internal stakeholders.
• Must have strong leadership qualities with the ability to effectively delegate and mentor individuals; demonstrate ability to build consensus as well as resolve conflict.
• Ability to define and execute new processes and workflows in an ever-changing environment; demonstrate strategic and out of the box thinking.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as solid follow-through on multiple projects.
Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
• Primarily located in Glendale but will require travel to the Burbank office
• Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.