Walt Disney PicturesGlendale, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/18/2020 10:56:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Animation Supervisor jobs in Glendale-CA
Search all Animation Supervisor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Animation Supervisor? Job Summary:
The Animation Supervisor creates, supports and advises on animation from pre-production through final delivery. This position reports to the Producer of the production.
• Work closely with the EP and Director(s) to establish the animation style of the series.
• Work with the Line Producer and CG Supervisor to ensure the animation style can be produced within the budget and schedule parameters.
• Work with the CG Supervisor to arrive at technical solutions required to achieve the artistic style of animation.
• Identify and troubleshoot issues with character modeling, character facial rigs and shapes and character body rigging and skinning.
• Identify and troubleshoot animation issues from acting mechanics to technical problems.
• Act as liaison between Disney Television Animation and subcontract studios.
• Write animation handout notes describing acting, emotion, and action of each shot.
• Advise and support the animators in achieving the desired style and meet milestones.
• Attend dailies to review, approve and/or make retake notes on all shots coming out of the animation department.
• Be responsible for maintaining continuity and consistency within the franchise.
• Demonstrate animation techniques and motivate animators at the subcontract studio.
• Trained CG Animator, hand-drawn animation is a plus
• Experience as an Animator and/or Animation Supervisor in Television and Feature Animation.
• Experience with feature character animation. Proven excellence with action, comedic and emotional moments.
• Understanding of anatomy, perspective and composition and general locomotion of characters.
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems of weight, balance, movement, space, construction and proportion.
• Demonstrated proficiency with the principles of animation timing and the dynamics of animals and human figures in action.
• Demonstrated acting and staging skills and the ability to caricature features, actions and emotions required.
• Experience with outsource pipelines preferred.
• Good team player.
• Must be willing to travel.
• CG Animation experience required. 2D Animation experience a plus
• Experience with Shotgun a plus.
• Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
• Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.