VP, Post Production Searchlight
Walt Disney Pictures ProductionBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Searchlight Pictures is looking for an experienced VP, Post Production to join the team.
• Reporting to the SVP, Post Production, leads, plans, and manages post on a full slate of theatrical films and streaming motion pictures.
• Schedules and budgets post on Studio motion pictures with varying cost targets, working independently or managing the movie's post production supervisor.
• Works closely with filmmakers and Studio executives to influence and shape the scope, budget and level of quality of each production.
• Engages with filmmakers and Studio in hiring key post-production personnel for the films.
• Creates a protected creative environment where the filmmakers can work and facilitates positive interactions between the filmmakers and Studio executives.
• Develops and maintains relationships with industry-leading talent/crew, appropriate agents/managers and post production vendors, facilities and contractors world-wide.
• Anticipates and prevents complications during production and post and independently resolves conflict, cost concerns, scheduling changes, delivery issues and other post challenges.
• Provides day-to-day leadership of editorial and post staff on films and within the department.
• Utilizes senior staff at the company as thought partners throughout the post process.
• Remains current on industry technology (e.g. editing software, camera packages, dailies work flows, sound formats and color science) and exchanges information with Disney resources like Emerging Technologies to discuss how other Disney banners are navigating similar challenges.
• Identifies areas where post production can improve and moves to implement these changes.
• Develops key internal and external relationships, is seen as a credible partner, and maintains relationships with company streaming platforms and Studio Operations to facilitate delivery.
• Travels to location to meet and trouble shoot with potential vendors and staff, as appropriate.
• Participates in cross company projects, meetings and events.
• Develops junior talent with a keen eye towards increasing diversity and inclusion efforts.
• Oversees policies and procedures.
• Fosters a positive work environment through on-going performance feedback.
• 8 years' experience working in post production operations for motion pictures and television.
• Extensive experience managing post production processes, including but not limited to: dailies, editorial, color correction, visual effects, compositing, graphics, titling, sound editorial and mixing, localization, digital media, final QC, etc.
• Extensive experience with new and emerging digital production and post production techniques, remote services, evolving theatrical and broadcast mechanisms, streaming platforms, and other distribution outlets.
• Leadership experience working across and collaborating with other departments such as production, creative, finance, legal, business affairs, media relations and technology.
• A proven leader in setting direction for, and achieving objectives in relation to management of post production process.
• Basic knowledge of Movie Magic preferred.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures Production, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures Production, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.