Staff Coordinator, Physical Production
Walt Disney Pictures ProductionBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Disney has explored new worlds through magical storytelling since its first completely live-action film, Treasure Island in 1950. Across pirate-laden high-seas or down a mysterious rabbit hole, Disney's collaborations with renowned artists and filmmakers has produced some of the most successful live-action family films in history, including Disney's Alice in Wonderland, the Pirates of the Caribbean films, The Jungle Book, Cinderella, and Beauty & The Beast, with more extraordinary stories on the horizon.
Each production executive is assigned film projects and interfaces with film makers during the set-up of the production, scheduling of the project and then oversight of production during filming. Physical production interfaces with many departments, including but not limited to, Post, VFX, Creative, Labor Relations, and Legal. The Walt Disney Studios is searching for a Staff Coordinator, Physical Production to join the team.
• Work directly with and assist the Production Executive to coordinate all features directly associated with the Production Executive's office from pre-production through the wrap of physical production.
• Set up Studio policies and procedure manuals for films supervised by executive.
• Management of materials which include maintaining lists & contracts, researching information, compiling, archiving and securing files.
• Work directly with production companies to secure day-to-day updates during set-up and production.
• Answer and screen phones.
• Schedule appointments.
• Arrange travel as needed.
• Occasional script analysis required (breakdown sets, cast & location).
• Special projects as required by the production team as needed.
• Miscellaneous departmental duties as needed
• Solid familiarity with Film Production.
• Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel). SAP knowledge a plus.
• Computer skills, Mac knowledgeable, familiarity with Production scheduling and Budgeting programs a plus
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines, make preliminary decisions and change course of action quickly.
• Detail oriented with the ability to work well under pressure and maintain professionalism and service orientation.
• Strong organizational and follow-thru skills, keeping manager informed on completed tasks and status of current tasks at hand.
• Strong assistant skills a must (phones, calendar, contacts). Ability to resolve routine issues and raise complex issues to management.
• Ability to work with highly confidential material.
Effective communicator, both verbally and written.
• Ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
• Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision.
• Bachelor's Degree in Film Production or equivalent.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures Production, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures Production, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.