Production Financial Analyst
Walt Disney Pictures ProductionBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/25/2021 2:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Production Financial Analyst jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Production Financial Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Production Financial Analyst? Job Summary:
This position requires solid analytic and organizational skills, with a strong Finance/Accounting component. This role will be heavily involved in the day-to-day finance operations of feature film development, production, and budgeting.
Corporation and Show Set-up
• Builds corporate structure/flow chart for incentive planning and maintains implementation though all stages of production
• Opens bank accounts for specific filming locations, obtaining signatory information and establishing account signers from both studio and freelance team for processing payments via checks and online
• Responsible for third-party accounting software set-up for use on production payroll and invoices, as well as user onboarding for all production systems
• Tracks crew hiring to create assumption agreements for union contracts, working with Labor Relations and payroll companies to ensure signatory status for IA/DGA/SAG are triggered timely
• Responsible for daily accounting functions of R&D/Prep, including onboarding. Establishes travel authorization and approval workflows before free-lance production accountants are hired
• Initiates invoice payments and ushers studio finance approvals. Monitors bank activity and account balances, placing stop payments when necessary, managing daily positive pay activity, and uploading files for batch payments
• Sets up accounting office both local and abroad, ensuring process and functionality is maintained for various production locations and users
• Works directly with feature film production accounting staff on reviewing approvals for studio on invoices, competitive bids, check requests, and petty cash
• Train freelance production staff on online banking systems, accounting systems, production systems, etc. (Scenechronize, ESN, PSL , Smart Accounting, BOA, HSBC)
• Update and approve templates for show forms, including deal memos, check requests, and competitive bids
• Responsible for building and updating Budgeting Department Excel models including Budget History Report, Crew Rate Comparisons, ATL/BTL Variance Reports, Location Incentive Summaries, and Look of Picture Cost report and Production Accountant database. Presents to key studio executives and provides explanations of variations
• Researches new talent and crew contracts and adds new or revised details to Movie Magic budgets and production spend matrix (BLUE Report)
• Weekly submits Production funding and currency hedge requests thru wire transfers, reconciling actuals of spot buys and FX hedges in wire log. Works with treasury to establish foreign currency purchase and incentive sells, calculating blended rate for gain/loss to show.
• Initiates and processes payments via SAP, online banking software, and third party accounting system
• Monitors positive pay activity daily, clearing payments or reporting fraudulent check activity
• Journal studio costs in SAP, identifying and correcting all miscodes on show's subledger balances
• Sets up show credit facilities and acts as point person for all credit card authorization issues/declines
• Tracks and compiles necessary agreements for production audits and incentive submissions
• Oversees all updates of critical reports including production spend matrix (BLUE) and Executive Summary for studio-wide distribution
• Weekly reporting financial data of cost reports, change over prior memos, cost and PO commitments to date, potential variances, studio costs, hot costs, and major variances.
• Updates and manages internal company reports to senior executives. Builds greenlight memo and final budget binder for studio circulation
• Solid accounting or production finance acumen through either work experience or education. Familiarity with Film Production a plus. BA/BS required, preferred in Economics, Accounting, or Finance related major
• Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). SAP knowledge a plus. Familiarity in production accounting software a plus
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines, make preliminary decisions and change course of action quickly
• Detail oriented with the ability to work well under pressure and maintain professionalism and service orientation
• Strong organizational and follow-thru skills, keeping manager informed on completed tasks and status of current tasks at hand
• Strong assistant skills a must (phones, calendar, contacts). Ability to resolve routine issues and raise complex issues to supervisor
• Ability to work with highly confidential material
• Effective communicator, both verbally and written
• Ability to build relationships, both internally and externally, and must be able to interact with all levels of management and be an integral team player
• Ability to be proactive, resourceful, and flexible
• Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures Production, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures Production, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.