Director, Budget & Financial Analysis
Walt Disney Pictures ProductionBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/14/2021 5:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, Budget & Financial Analysis jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Director, Budget & Financial Analysis postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Budget & Financial Analysis?
Full Time Job
This position is responsible for budgeting and financial analysis within the Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Production Group.
• Manage the overall Budgeting department activities, supervise the Manager of Budgeting, and provide oversight on all budgeting and financial analysis, in-house as well as third party.
• Partner closely with Producers to develop preliminary production plan and budget scenarios and report timely and accurate information back to the studio Production and Finance executives.
• Serve as in-house expert on domestic and international production incentives, draft and submit tax incentive applications, and monitor accessibility and achievement of minimum requirements throughout production.
• Assist senior executives in the day-to-day management of films including oversight on cost reporting and the anticipation of potential financial impacts.
• Manage and prepare ad hoc reports, presentations and special initiatives for senior studio leadership.
• Partner with studio Legal/Business Affairs, Risk Management, Labor Relations and Contract Administration to ensure current and accurate budgeting.
• Create feature film production budgets and cash flows for projects in development and pre-production.
• Oversee monthly spending forecast for live action cash flows across productions and report to Finance Executives and Studio Controllership.
• Audit live action production operations to ensure compliance of Studio Policies & Procedures, and help establish recommendations for new production locations.
• Create corporate structure diagrams to ensure the proper legal and funding arrangement between domestic and international companies.
• Build foreign currency cash flow projections, and manage hedge purchases through the International Treasury team.
• Develop relationships with Film Commissions, CPA audit firms, Accountants, Producers and Payroll Companies to build resources and networks and help ensure that all Production Finance processes are current.
• Research, develop and test new technologies and analytical frameworks to provide the next generation of production finance tools and determine how best to incorporate them into the department.
• Keep abreast of current and changing industry trends, evolving technologies and global production matters.
• On an as-needed basis, embed with the productions on location to provide critical budgeting and accounting support.
• Minimum of 5-10 years of production finance experience required, or finance experience in entertainment, consulting or public accounting
• Strong financial modeling and analytical abilities
• Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal and project management skills
• Attention to detail, desire for accuracy, and a strong sense of urgency
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts, think strategically, solve problems, and implement solutions
• Proficiency with Movie Magic Budgeting, SAP, GlobalVista/PSL3, Excel, PowerPoint
• Film production related experience required
• Bachelor's degree in a related field such as Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, etc.
• MBA or Master's Degree preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures Production, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures Production, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.