Summer / Fall Intern - Partners Federal Credit Union HR
Walt Disney Parks and ResortsLake Buena Vista, FL
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Partners Federal Credit Union Human Resources and Training Internship
The Human Resources and Training department adds value on an individual and organizational level by attracting, educating, supporting, and recognizing talent. We serve the Partners Cast during their career life cycle through professional development and relationship management. We equip others to discover their ''why'' enabling them to deliver on the Partners' mission and vision.
Make an impact by...
• Providing functional support by researching problems and following up with end users to ensure their needs are met
• Answering a large volume of phone calls, emails
• Completing HR related projects in support of the organization
• Supporting HR-specific systems along with providing support to all levels of employees across the company for all products delivered through the company's learning, talent management, and employee HR system of record
What you bring to the role....
• Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Windows environment, and with Microsoft Office applications, with the willingness to learn new software applications
• Proven business acumen, including strong problem solving and decision making skills
• Exemplary consulting and member service skills
• Demonstrated facilitation and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to research information and effectively leverage resources
• Ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners
• Ability to manage conflict, partner, communicate professionally, be flexible, and able to prioritize and multi-task while working in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
• Proven experience using either SAP, Learning Management System, or Knowledge Management systems
• Strong understanding of Employment Law including Title VII, ADA, ADEA, and FMLA
• Knowledge of Labor Law
• Demonstrated documentation or publishing skills (job aids, training manuals)
• Current undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Human Resources or closely related field
• Current graduate student pursuing a degree in Human Resources or a closely related field
• At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Must provide own transportation to/from work
• Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 through January 2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: This internship is based in Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.