Sr. Manager, Learning Strategy
Walt Disney Parks & ResortsGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Disney Parks, Experiences & Consumer Products seeks a Senior Manager, Learning Strategy to manage the learning and development strategy teams, which consult with business leaders and HR partners to develop holistic and integrated learning solutions across Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products to drive business results and promote an environment where employees are able to grow and succeed. The Senior Manager also collaborates with functional counterparts across The Walt Disney Company to identify and implement solutions that address common priorities. This position requires an individual who can act as a senior consultant to the business, build and execute learning solutions, as well as manage and develop a team of highly skilled professionals.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a combination of strong business acumen and significant expertise in learning and development. Responsibility for Glendale/Burbank as well as Anaheim.
• Serve as a strategic leader and partner to DPECP teams across diverse operational and business support functions.
• Consult with HR Business Partners and clients to assess learning needs, client readiness and performance gaps to develop strategies that align to the client's business goals and objectives.
• Partner and effectively integrate with HR functional Centers of Excellence (COEs), including Learning and Talent Solutions to ensure alignment with overall Disney and DPECP priorities
• Develop high performing individuals to achieve their best potential
• Adapt traditional approaches to meet stakeholder needs
• Articulate succinct and compelling points of view that incorporates business language with relevant examples
• Manage complex projects that cut across multiple business units, teams and HR partners from inception through completion
• 5 years of experience in leading and developing staff professionals
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities and experience Demonstrated leadership experience developing high performing individuals to achieve their best potential
• Advanced understanding of Learning & Development theory and application
• Demonstrated ability to think globally and work with a variety of Cast populations
• Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex business/financial data and develop innovative and holistic solutions
• Advanced knowledge of learning and development techniques and strategy
• Ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues/areas that do not always have a process or a system in place
• Highly innovative and creative in approach to accomplish work
• Excellent relationship, interpersonal, and influencing skills with clients and colleagues; Embraces teamwork and shares ideas/methods to improve performance
• Team player who quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with business leaders and partners
• Demonstrated strong and developed presentation skills with ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
• BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Learning & Development or related field
• MBA / Masters or PhD in in a related field preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products segment includes Disney's iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney's global consumer products operations include the world's leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world's largest children's publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.