Labor Relations Manager
Walt Disney Parks & ResortsLake Buena Vista, FL
Full Time Job
Labor Relations Manager (Orlando)
''We make magic.'' That's our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you'll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Through strategic partnerships and collaboration we enable a culture of change by providing labor expertise for our organization.
Our goal is to be the most creative, innovative, engaged Labor Relations Team, demanding excellence in all that we do.
Provide strategic guidance and consultation to all levels of Company leaders, including executives with regard to policy/practices/collective bargaining agreements and employment law by maintaining active knowledge of Human Resources issues, National Labor Relations Board case law and fostering positive labor/management relations. Work scope includes administering and interpreting collective bargaining agreements; interfacing with state and federal agencies, as necessary; assisting in negotiations planning, bargaining and contract implementation; building strong partnerships with management to enable business changes and working condition impacts that trigger effects bargaining; managing consultations, grievances and arbitrations via a technology case management system; representing Labor Relations on Human Resources and Operations on project management initiatives; facilitating/leading meetings and client training; making presentations and providing creative solutions to evolving departmental work enhancements and efficiencies. Able to strategically interact with all levels of leadership, independently manage a high-volume work scope, influence recommendations, activate decisions and contribute to a strong-performing team.
Labor Acumen / Business Strategy
• Understanding of all aspects of labor and human resources related laws, regulations, policies , principles, concepts and practices, including but not limited to the NLRB, Title VII, EEO, ADA AND FMLA
• Proven experience in all facets of labor negotiations and effects bargaining
• Confident, progressive and professional interface with representatives of labor/union affiliates
• Successful client relations and labor acumen credibility by providing counsel, analysis, risk identification and strategy regarding the administration and interpretation of Collective Bargaining Agreements
• Proven ability to serve as the Company advocate for grievances and arbitrations
• Strong analytical skills and savvy strategic business thinking in a complex, multi-dimensional, progressive multi-union environment
• Represent management position and professionally respond to governmental agencies (e,g., EEOC, NLRB, etc.);
Client Support/Union Interface
• Establish and maintain professional relations with client group(s); support a client system on the overall labor relations function including counsel, education, continuous performance improvement, trend analysis, business change impacts and effects bargaining
• Strong confident presence to influence and sustain a positive momentum through significant fast-moving business changes
• Professional poise to challenge issues and articulate labor acumen via case comparators, while working through business demands and at times, adversarial conditions
• Ability to identify root-cause issues and provide progressive alternative options while identifying, analyzing and strategically presenting risk factors
• Thrive in a constantly evolving workplace of multi-dimensional issues and complex growth initiatives for multiple collective bargaining agreements
• Project management to deliver comprehensive and well-executed outcomes; progressively manage concepts and workplace matters with successful ability to resolve issues, differences and drive change in a thorough and creative manner
• Confident, persuasive and impromptu ability to articulate perspective, influence and showcase effective verbal and written communication
• Strong organizational and time management skills to independently manage a high volume of work scope
• Thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, deadline-driven environment that advocates and supports change
• Solid technical business/executive writing skills to include writing bargaining proposals and contract language, preparing post-arbitration briefs and responses to agency charges
• Proficient in technology and use of case management systems, SharePoint and project management systems
• Presentation skills, to include storytelling, facilitation and advocacy for client/leadership training delivery programs
• Embrace a powerful and creative culture that drives an acclaimed brand of products and services
• Leadership Experience
• Proven experience in the field of labor relations
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• MBA or JD degree
About Disney Parks & Resorts:
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts are where dreams come true. More than sixty years ago, Walt Disney created a new kind of entertainment families could experience together, immersed in detailed atmospheres and vibrant storytelling. His vision now includes a collection of six of the world's leading family vacation destinations – Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, Calif.; Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.; Tokyo Disney Resort, Urayasu, Chiba, Japan; Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallée, France; Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, located on Lantau Island; and Shanghai Disney Resort, Pudong New District, Shanghai, China. In addition, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts includes the world-class Disney Cruise Line; Disney Vacation Club; Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa; Adventures by Disney, a guided group vacation experience to some of the world's most popular destinations; and Walt Disney Imagineering, which creates and designs all Disney parks, resorts and attractions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Parks & Resorts.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.