Fall Intern - Talent Casting
Walt Disney Parks and ResortsAnaheim, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Disney Parks Live Entertainment Talent Casting Internship, CA Fall 2020
The Talent Casting, Booking and Contract Administration Department, are an integral part of the organization. We are responsible for auditioning identifying and hiring/contracting all performers (Character performers, singers, dancers, actors, musicians, bands, DJ's and variety acts) for live shows including parades, stage shows and special events at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim. Our team also collaborates closely with Disney Casting teams worldwide including Walt Disney World, Tokyo Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, Shanghai Disneyland Resort and Disneyland Paris.
Make an impact by…
• Supporting the Casting team in planning and executing auditions for shows and events
• Partnering with cross-functional teams including Operations, Production and Creative, and Talent
• Participating in various auditions (Character Performer, Dancer, Singer, Actor) as assigned and recommending adjustments to the audition process and the candidate experience
• Researching new potential markets for roles with the greatest demand
• Receiving, previewing and logging materials; organizing and processing documentation and contracts
What you bring to this role…
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and confidential information
• Experience in Entertainment industry (Music/Vocal/Musical Theater/Dance)
• Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to learn new software applications
• Strategic thinker with creative problem solving skills
• Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including days, nights, and holidays
• Must have reliable transportation
• Understanding of working in a unionized environment (American Guild of Variety Artists, American Federation of Musicians, etc.)
• Junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student earning a degree in Music, Musical Theater or related Arts/Entertainment field
• GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Resume - outlining all of your required qualifications
• Cover letter - detailing your qualifications and interest
To upload your resume:
• Log into your dashboard
• Click the second tab ''Applications''
• Select ''Submitted Applications''
• Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the resume
• Click the ''Add Files'' button
• Under what do you want to add, select Resume
• Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Resume
• At the time of application, must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Must have reliable transportation to get to and from work
• Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 through January 2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
- A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney's iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney's global consumer products operations include the world's leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world's largest children's publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.