Employee Relations Manager
Walt Disney Parks and ResortsLake Buena Vista, FL
Full Time Job
The Employee Relations Manager is responsible for the following:
• Creating & implementing company-wide strategies to enable decisions that are consistent with Company policies, values & culture. Interfacing with state and federal administrative agencies as needed.
• Enhancing the Employee Experience by engaging with employees and leaders at critical moments in the life cycle of the employment relationship such as Development, Accommodations, Workplace Threats, Performance Management, etc. Integrating key partners across the Walt Disney Company to drive solutions that promote employee engagement and business results.
This position is part of the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Human Resources/Diversity & Inclusion (HR/DI) organization and can be located in Anaheim/Burbank/Glendale, CA, or Orlando, FL.
• Proactively identify, develop, implement, and sustain integrated ER-related strategies or solutions to align with client and/or business.
• Engage with employees and leadership across the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) organization to enable business strategies, conduct ER related assessments and investigations, and discuss continuous improvement opportunities to foster a positive employee experience.
• Promote knowledge, understanding, and compliance with regard to company policy and relevant employment laws through coaching, presentations, and training.
• Identify, develop, implement, and sustain risk mitigation strategies with appropriate partners and stakeholders.
• Conduct timely, objective, and thorough internal investigations including but not limited to allegations harassment, discrimination, accommodation, and retaliation and prepare all required documentation.
• Maintain detailed and accurate accounts of investigations with timely memorialization of the notes and supporting documents into the case management system.
• Initiate a proactive, strategic approach to employee relations by identifying and analyzing ER data/metrics for themes, trends, and root cause identification. Share findings with key partners in order to develop and deliver an integrated plan that links to organization and people strategies, helping to advance the deliverables and priorities of the company.
• Identifies, develops, and facilitates training programs to support the implementation of procedures, policies, and programs.
• Facilitate the interactive process with Cast seeking a reasonable accommodation in partnership with leadership and other support resources.
• Deliver relevant business solutions, tools, and resources to support and positively shape the employee experience.
• Lead project work to include thought partnership, training, research, and other contributions that support the business.
• Minimum 5-years leadership experience or in a professional level role
• Ability to engage in building strong, inclusive, collaborative, and healthy working relationships to integrate ER work into other scopes.
• Has heightened self-awareness / emotional intelligence.
• Ability to remain calm and professional under stress and during emotionally-difficult employee matters.
• Strong persuasion and conflict resolution skills.
• Strategic thinker, with demonstrated experience translating strategic goals/concepts into action plans and implementing initiatives at an operational level.
• Ability to analyze data, trends, and insights to identify the root cause of the event.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
• Analytical, reporting, and presentation skills are required; must be able to confidently make recommendations to senior business leaders or HR/DI partners for improved employee relations and business results based on data and findings.
• Broad knowledge of employee relations, complex workplace investigations, federal and state laws / regulations (including but not limited to Title VII, ADA, ADAAA and FMLA).
• Ability to manage competing, high-priority demands; prioritizing workload, managing projects and multiple responsibilities against strict deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and be part of a team environment while developing highly effective and valued professional relationships with peers, colleagues, and cross-functional teams.
• Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential situations with objectivity, candor, and confidence.
• Bilingual Spanish speaking/writing strongly preferred
• Previous work experience with a multi-state employer
• Experience in administration of Collective Bargaining Agreements
• Disney Leadership experience or relevant leadership experience
• Bachelor's Degree in business, human resources, psychology, sociology, industrial labor relations, and/or equivalent work experience
• Law or Advanced Degree
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney's iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney's global consumer products operations include the world's leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world's largest children's publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.