Employee Relations Manager
Walt Disney Parks and ResortsAnaheim, CA
Full Time Job
''We make magic.'' That's our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you'll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Employee Relations Manager is responsible for delivering solutions, tools, and resources that shape and advance culture, performance, and the employee experience through integrated partnerships within the HR function. The ER Manager also conducts thorough and objective internal workplace investigations, and consults with leadership to assure compliance with company policy, practices, and state/federal employment laws, as well as conducts root cause analysis and develops correlating action plans.
This position is part of the Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Human Resources/Diversity & Inclusion (HR/DI) organization and can be located in Anaheim, CA.
• Engage with employees and leadership across the Walt Disney Parks & Resorts organization to enable business strategies, conduct ER related assessments and investigations, and discuss continuous improvement opportunities to foster a positive employee experience.
• Promote knowledge, understanding, and compliance with regard to company policy and relevant employment laws through coaching, presentations, and training.
• Collaborate with other HR/DI functional team members through a consultative approach to help assess organization effectiveness and develop and implement integrated HR/DI action plans.
• Initiate a proactive, strategic approach to employee relations by identifying and analyzing ER data/metrics for themes, trends, and root cause identification. Share findings with key partners in order to develop and deliver an integrated plan that links to organization and people strategies, helping to advance the deliverables and priorities of the company.
• Facilitate the interactive process with Cast seeking a reasonable accommodation in partnership with leadership and other support resources.
• Produce written material in a logical and comprehensive manner for internal and external audiences.
• Maintain detailed and accurate accounts of investigations with timely memorialization of the notes and supporting documents into the case management system.
• Demonstrate proficiency at verbalizing thought patterns and expressing facts.
• Deliver relevant business solutions, tools, and resources to support and positively shape the employee experience.
• Assist with project work as needed to include thought partnership, training, research, and other contributions that support the business.
• Serve as a role model, demonstrating the value proposition for diversity and inclusion and advocating the company's culture and heritage.
• Partner closely with Labor Relations, HR Business Partners, and other HR/DI functional teams in order to advance the work.
• Interact and work with team members outside of the HR/DI organization to include Legal, Security, Public Affairs, Management Audit, Advisory & Assurance, and Risk Management. Interface with state and federal administrative agencies as needed.
• Engage with ER team members across The Walt Disney Company to assist with advancing case work and other ER initiatives as needed/directed.
• Minimum 5-years leadership experience or in a professional level role
• Proven business acumen, strong decision-making, and root cause/analysis skills
• Demonstrated consultative and credibility assessment skills
• Ability to assess sensitive and complex employee relations issues in a confidential, objective, and systematic manner
• Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decisions while keeping partners and leaders informed
• Proven ability to challenge organizational thinking
• Demonstrated strong integration skills
• Proven experience in managing multiple projects with clear time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to translate and convey investigating findings into written conclusions
• Demonstrated proficient written/verbal communication and facilitation/presentation skills
• Demonstrated adept research skills
• Proven experience and strong understanding of continuous improvement and measurement processes
• Proficient understanding of all aspects of employment and human resources related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts and practices, including but not limited to Title VII, ADAAA and FMLA
• Disney leadership experience
• Advanced degree
• Previous work experience with a multi-state employer
• Ability to speak and write multiple languages
• Experience in administration of Collective Bargaining Agreements
• Exceptional communications and collaboration skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
• Demonstrated ability to think and plan in a broad, systematic way
• Demonstrated use of KPIs to successfully manage the delivery of large-scale, complex technical solutions
• Demonstrated ability to lead and influence in a dynamic, fast passed environment
• Demonstrated experience supporting one or more HR applications (examples include: SAP, SuccessFactors, Workday, Kenexa)
• Demonstrated ability to think and plan in a broad, systematic way
• Undergraduate degree in business analysis, computer science, information technology, human resources or related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney's iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney's global consumer products operations include the world's leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world's largest children's publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.