Walt Disney Animation Studios, Ph.D. Technology Research Intern, Summer
Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/10/2023 5:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Walt Disney Animation Studios, Ph.D. Technology Research Intern, Summer jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Walt Disney Animation Studios, Ph.D. Technology Research Intern, Summer postings
Full Time Paid Internship
The Internship Program
Have you wondered how your skills and talents could translate into the world of animation? Our Internship Program dives into the craft, technology, and operations behind our animated films while developing your skills and connecting you to industry mentors. You'll learn what it means to be a part of a collaborative team and how your unique talents can grow within our studio. Find yourself immersed in hands-on projects and learning guided by our artists, technologists, and production leaders.
Am I Eligible?
• At the time of application, you must be enrolled in an accredited college/university, taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May/June - August/September 2023. Interns must be fully available for the duration of a 12-14 week assignment.
• Please note, the safety and well-being of our teams is very important to us. Based on government recommendations, we will determine whether this program will be in-person at our Burbank, CA studio or virtual in the coming months.
For our 2023 programs, we are committed to providing mentorship and development. Walt Disney Animation Studios' Internship Program provides emerging talent with an immersive view of animation through educational seminars on craft and filmmaking, reinforced by individual and technical projects.
Technology Research (Graduate) Intern
The Research group at Walt Disney Animation Studios is responsible for scientific and technological innovation that typically goes beyond the horizon of any single production. The group acts as a liaison to Disney Research and collaborates with academia, artists, and other stakeholders to invent algorithms and tools that will help shape the future of filmmaking.
As a technology research intern, you will be working on cutting-edge research to help turn technical insight into Disney magic. Your job will be to explore new ideas in a scientific fashion through systematic experimentation and documentation. All projects require the ability to work independently and collaboratively, with good communication skills being essential. Successful projects may lead to publications and, in some cases, ongoing collaborations.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong math skills
• Expertise in one or more of the following areas :
• Modeling and simulation of frictional contact
• Continuum mechanics and constitutive modeling
• Isogeometric Analysis
• B-splines / NURBS / Subdivision surfaces
• Numerical Analysis
• Multigrid methods
• (Mathematical) Optimization
• Computer systems architecture
• Proficiency with all of the following: C++, Matlab or Mathematica, Linux
• VLSI design and/or FPGA programming specifically aimed at implementing arithmetic operations
• Ph.D. level student pursuing a doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Math, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.6 or higher
The pay rate for this internship is $45.00 per hour for P.h.D. level candidates.