VP, Human Resources
Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Vice President, Human Resources will act as a senior advisor and trusted partner to the business and film making leaders on studio-wide organization and talent strategies. Drive creative and business results by actively engaging in the development and execution of business and production strategies, while also integrating HR strategies. Develop a culture where employees actively participate in shaping the creative and business success of the Studio to ensure WDAS continues to be an innovative and vibrant place to work.
Act as a senior advisor and trusted partner to the business and filmmaking leaders on studio-wide organization and talent strategies.
• Serves as a strategic business advisor to the President and executive team on key organizational and management issues
• Acts as a key voice with creative, production and executive leadership on studio culture to help align values and leader/employee behaviors
• Ensures the executive team is aligned to a shared values and guiding principles that drive towards a healthy creative environment
• Oversees the functions of compensation, employee relations, organization and leadership development, recruitment, and diversity and inclusion for WDAS
• Ensures WDAS's compliance with all legal, union and business requirements related to the above functions
Drive creative and business results by actively engaging in the development and execution of business and production strategies, while also integrating HR strategies.
• Facilitates the development of business strategies that build organizational focus, create efficiency and engagement, and drive creative and business results.
• Creates and executes a lifecycle approach to talent management that includes defining org and talent gaps and HR solutions, forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent mobility and retention with diversity and inclusion woven throughout. Partners and collaborates with SVP, Talent & Planning for all production employees.
• Leads organization design activities to streamline and implement new structures, roles, and/or processes that create efficiency and engagement aligned to shifting business demands
• Coaches business leaders on employee communication, development and performance management strategies, and tactics that promote engagement and reinforce studio goals and values
• Partners with Talent & Planning and Communications to ensure an integrated approach to outreach, acquisition, development and retention that reflects WDAS' global audiences
• Develops and leverages strong partnerships with the Disney Human Resource, Communications, and Finance to deliver integrated solutions that are also aligned with company initiatives
Develop a culture where employees actively participate in shaping the creative and business success of the Studio to ensure WDAS continues to be an innovative and vibrant place to work
• Advises senior management on opportunities and ways to strengthen employee engagement
• Acts as a role model for collaboration, smart risk taking and balancing Studio and Disney priorities
• Creates a strong sense of shared purpose and provides on-going development to position of the team as trusted, credible business experts and to support a collaboration and meaningful interaction with partners
• Utilizes effective leadership practices to attract, develop and retain required talent at all levels
• Holds direct reports accountable for providing regular feedback, coaching and development for their teams, and encouraging employees to share and experiment with new ideas
• 15 Years of HR generalist or related experience, ideally as a senior HR executive for a creative organization
• 8 Years in leading and developing HR professionals
• Demonstrated ability to effectively build creative strategies that drive engagement and motivation in a creative and production culture
• Demonstrated ability to independently develop, drive, and contribute to overall strategic and business plans in a rapidly developing, changing, and creative environment
• Proven ability to proactively translate changing business objectives to effective HR strategies
• Demonstrated ability to proactively embrace and drive positive, transformational change
• Relevant experience driving complex org design and talent/change strategies that effectively align the organization and talent to deliver on new business and creative objectives
• Team player that quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with business leaders, partners, and employees
• Proven experience leading an effective, relevant HR team that delivers integrated business solutions, ideally in a creative environment
• Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience with HR Business Partner (generalist), Talent Acquisition/Planning, Learning and Development, Employee Relations, Organizational Development, Change Management, and Diversity & Inclusion functions
• Knowledge of employment and labor law required
• Creative background in film, arts, and/or technology preferred
• Bachelor's degree required
• Master's Degree with emphasis in Human Resource Management, Organization Development or Business preferred
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherish