Talent Development Program - Technical Director Trainee
Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/10/2022 9:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Talent Development Program - Technical Director Trainee jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Talent Development Program - Technical Director Trainee postings
Full Time Job
The Technical Director Talent Development Program begins January 2023Please note, the safety and well-being of our teams is very important to us. We will be determining whether this program will be in-person at our Burbank, CA studio or virtual in the coming months based on local state and county ordinance. The deadline of applications is October 9, 2022, 11:59 PM PST.
2023 Talent Development Program - Technical Director Trainee
Join us for an opportunity to be a part of the innovative technology and artistry of Walt Disney Animation Studios. At Walt Disney Animation Studios we have a deep commitment to the philosophy that creativity inspires technology, and technology inspires creativity. The Talent Development Trainee Program is an immersive experience that provides up to a 16 month paid mentored position for emerging developers. Under the guidance of a Disney Mentor, the Talent Development Trainee Program offers a unique opportunity to hone skills, refine and strengthen key disciplines, and engage in a real-time production environment.
Technical Directors strategize solutions to a range of production and pipeline issues. You'll exercise your technical skills to write scripts, adapt tools, and modify workflows in support of artistic endeavors. You will work directly with artists, fellow technical directors, and software developers to solve problems and implement new techniques.
As a Technical Director Trainee, the first three to four months of your program are structured to introduce you to the processes and tools of our filmmaking, our studio culture, and our production environment. These initial months will showcase the skills and philosophies of our Technical Director department while providing you nurturing mentorship with a Disney developer. A 3-4 month review provides you with real-time feedback and determines future assignments and promotional opportunities that would bring your skills into real-time production environments.
• Develop a working knowledge of the production pipeline in a supported training environment
• Work with an assigned mentor to learn our filmmaking process and production environment
• Design and write processes and tools to support artistic departments needs
• Become proficient in supporting our artists in a variety of areas to facilitate the CG animation process
• Collaborate with other trainees in the program to foster a strong teamwork based environment
• Partner with the broader Technical Director department to accomplish assigned tasks
• Address real-time feedback under the guidance and support of an assigned mentor
• Participate in studio events to become an active contributor to our studio culture
• Emerging developers with less than 3 years experience in the Animation Industry or individuals with up to 5 years of experience in a different tech capacity and industry looking to pivot into the animation industry
• Recent graduates - Degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience
• Experience with scripting using Python
• Experience with the Linux or Unix operating system
• Strong problem solving skills required
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment, taking direction well
• Experience with commercial graphics packages including Maya, Houdini and Global Illumination Lighting packages a plus
• Experience with C or C++ development a plus
• Understanding of computer graphics production processes a plus