Summer Paid Intern - Deployment Systems
Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
The Internship Program
Have you wondered how your skills and talents could translate into the world of animation? Our Internship Program dives into the craft, technology, and operations behind our animated films while developing your skills and connecting you to industry mentors. You'll learn what it means to be a part of a collaborative team and how your unique talents can grow within our studio. Find yourself immersed in hands-on projects and learning guided by our artists, technologists, and production leaders.
Am I Eligible?
• At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university, taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May/June - August/September 2023
• Interns must be fully available for the duration of a 12-week assignment
• Please note that the safety and well-being of our teams is very important to us. Based on government recommendations, we will determine whether this program will be in-person at our Burbank, CA studio or virtual in the coming months.
For our 2023 programs, we are committed to providing mentorship and development. Walt Disney Animation Studios' Internship Program provides emerging talent with an immersive view of animation through educational seminars on craft and filmmaking, reinforced by individual and technical projects.
Deployment Services, within Platform Engineering, at Walt Disney Animation Studios is responsible for the configuration management and software deployments on our Linux, Mac, and Windows high-performance graphics workstations and servers. The team is also responsible for triaging security alerts and implementing patches. We support both our Burbank and Vancouver studios.
We are looking for a creative, talented intern to join our team. In this role, you will be mentored by each of our engineers, learning a variety of technologies and infrastructure components across the broad spectrum of deployment services. You will be working on a selection of projects where you will be leveraging that knowledge.
Systems engineers are highly supportive of each other, expected to demonstrate self-direction when needed, and learn through experiencing both success and failure. You must be comfortable supporting your team by bringing fresh insight for shared problem-solving. Also critical to success in this role is the ability to build trusted relationships with stakeholders to understand their workflows and deliver relevant solutions. See details below on what working with this team for the Summer of 2023 will entail:
• Systems engineering specific projects which focus on key areas of our infrastructure and address the needs of the team and the Studios.
• Mentorship rotation and close collaboration with each of our team members.
• Education about the workflows of our user's studio wide to inform implementation decisions.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
• Experience with Windows, Mac, or Linux desktop and server configuration management
• Interest in systems engineering
• Scripting experience
• Programming experience with Python
• Experience with build automation and provisioning