Production Tracking Manager
Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/23/2023 3:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Production Tracking Manager jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Production Tracking Manager postings
Full Time Job
The Production Tracking Manager is part of the studio Production team which develops and implements production strategy and planning for across Walt Disney Animation Studios. This role is the production owner for production tracking systems and workflows and is responsible for the design, implementation and optimal functionality for both the Burbank and Vancouver studios. Ultimately, you will bring your deep understanding of production data to the studio Data Team to assist them in delivering meaningful insights through the next generation of statistical models, metrics, and visualizations that inform decision making at both the operational and executive levels.
You will partner extremely closely with Production and Technology to ensure all production tracking systems and workflows are designed, implemented and functioning optimally. WDAS currently uses Autodesk Shotgrid as our primary production tracking platform, but this role requires an overall understanding of production tracking concepts and 3D animation/VFX production workflows regardless of the platform as our technology is constantly evolving and changing to meet our needs.
Production Tracking and Strategy
• Leads the evolution of how to utilize production tracking tools on shows, provide technical support and data visualization services that increase efficiencies in production planning
• Partners with Technology to clearly define production needs and contribute towards the decision making, design and implementation of solutions to address those needs
• Work closely with the various production teams to support and advise them with their production tracking and planning needs
• Responsible to form consensus with Production Management leadership, production teams, and Technology to establish best practices and standardized tracking workflows across shows and studios (Burbank and Vancouver); this includes being a strong voice to advocate and build consensus for sustainability and efficiency at a studio level
• Provide the first level of troubleshooting for production teams to address any support issues and if needed, escalating and clarifying requirements to engineers in Technology
• When appropriate, write scripts to enable automated workflows to optimize production tracking processes
Data Analytics and Development
• Develop and automate reports and dashboards to provide production insights
• Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the data in our production tracking tool and continually looking for ways to derive increasing value from the data
• Pull historical and/or current production data as requested from key stakeholders and studio Production Leadership
• Contributes to the development of modern analytic processes with the Data Team that will lead to informed decision making at Manager through Executive levels
• Assist in the documentation of production tracking and analytical-focused processes/workflows
• Collaborate with engineering teams on infrastructure related projects
• Responsible for liaising with 3rd party vendors of production tracking systems to address user issues or providing our feedback on roadmap/future feature discussions.
• Creates an inclusive work environment
• Experience working intimately with Shotgrid and/or other production tracking software in a 3d animation/VFX environment
• Experience in clearly communicating complex concepts to audiences of varying technical backgrounds
• The ability to listen and evaluate different user viewpoints, then take initiative and gather consensus
• Have a leadership mindset during end-to-end development of scalable and maintainable solutions
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts, think strategically and draw conclusions from data
• Excellent at troubleshooting and problem-solving
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Ability to succinctly translate user needs for engineers and partner with Technology in developing and executing solutions
• Thrives on analytical and technical challenges
• Python experience preferred
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA, USA is $105, 502.00 to $136,532.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
• An employee at this level is an experienced professional specializing in a given functional field by developing a depth/breadth of expertise.