Media Editorial Support Technician
Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Media Editorial Support Technician I - Walt Disney Animation Studios
The Media Editorial Support Technician I provides system administration and technical support to the Post Production, Editorial and Sound/Music Departments at Walt Disney Animation Studios. Primarily a frontline / tier-0 support position, this role will deploy and support Pro Tools and Avid systems, related peripherals, and other tools for the Post, Editorial and Music/Sound users.
The Media Editorial Support Technician will partner closely with Studio Technology teams and studio stakeholders to ensure technical support requests and editorial workflow requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner. This position is covered under a collective bargaining agreement - IATSE Local 700.
• Hands on technical support for Editorial, Post-production and Sound/Music edit suites and systems, with a specialization in audio video Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs).
• Maintain Editorial and Post Production Sound equipment inventory and equipment spares, including designated Editorial/Post Production computer workstations, Pro Tools or Avid hardware, and peripherals.
• Work closely with Editorial and Post Production staff to troubleshoot ongoing issues with Pro Tools and Avid software and related internally-developed tools.
• Assist with the support of the Post Production and Editorial storage environment; primarily the Avid Nexis system but also related tools such as Signiant, Storage DNA, Soundminer, etc.
• Achieve and maintain expert knowledge of existing and future Walt Disney Animation Studios editorial audio and video systems, and related workflows.
Technical Studio Partnership:
• Work closely with Post Production Sound, Music and Editorial teams to achieve expert knowledge of the data flow between production systems, external venues, and outside vendors.
• Maintain and build relationships with relevant Editorial and Post Production software hardware vendors (eg. Avid); act as liaison between vendors and Walt Disney Animation Studio users for testing and troubleshooting software versions and upgrades.
• Partner closely with the broader Studio Technology editorial support team to plan support response and coverage.
• 5+ years of technical and/or engineering experience supporting Pro Tools or similar Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs) in a large studio enterprise environment.
• Avid Certified Support Representative (ACSR) certification or equivalent experience for Pro Tools, Media Composer and/or Nexis.
• Proven knowledge of Audio/Video concepts; signal flow, color spaces, common video and audio codecs/formats, common signals such as HD/SDI, AES, analog audio and video.
• Advanced knowledge of operating system administration (e.g. Windows and Macintosh OS).
• General knowledge of monitor and display technologies (i.e. LCD, OLED, 2D/3D, etc.).
• Experience in data transport tools (e.g. Signiant, Faspex, Aspera).
• Basic knowledge of IP networking infrastructure.
• Experience calibrating audio systems.
• Ability to provide project planning; subtasks, bill-of-materials, time/labor, able to re-prioritize when needed.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, and analytical problem-solving skills.
• Ability to physically lift 40lbs.
• Capability to work flexible hours when needed.
• Avid Accredited Customer Service Representative (ACSR) certification - Elite, Interplay / Media Central and Cloud UX.
• Prior experience working in Animation, Visual Effects or Live Action entertainment; providing front-end technical user-support for Post Production/Editorial teams and systems.
• Experience with Post Production Sound–eg. audio recording, mastering, mixing and editing.
• Experience calibrating display systems.
• This position is covered under a collective bargaining agreement - IATSE Local 700
• This position is a daily onsite and in-person role located at Walt Disney Animation Studios in Burbank, California.
• Based on a 40/hr work week, the pay rate for this role in Burbank, CA, USA is $59.54 to $65.49 per hour, which follows the pay scale agreed upon in the Collective Bargaining Agreement. The base pay actually offered may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, among other factors.