Look Development Artist
Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/7/2022 5:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Look Development Artist jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Look Development Artist postings
Full Time Job
Walt Disney Animation Studios combines the very best in artistry and storytelling with cutting- edge technology to bring wonderful new stories to the big screen for audiences around the world.
Constantly challenged to create innovative new technologies for animated features, theme park productions, and special projects for the Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney Animation Studios is home to some of the most talented artists working in the film industry today.
Our Look Development Artists are responsible for creating the materials, textures, and geometric instances that define the look of environments, sets, characters and props. We value self-motivated artists who thrive in a collaborative environment. We currently have a couple of exciting opportunities for experienced Environment and Character Look Development Artists at our Burbank, CA studio.
• Work closely with asset supervisors and production designers to develop the look of the environments and characters of our animated films
• Author materials, textures, and procedural instancing
• Bring assets to technically efficient and artistically appealing final completion
• Bachelors degree in digital art, computer graphics, or related field
• 4+ years experience in Environment Look Development or as an Environment
• Artist (film/television/games)
• Ability to understand, interpret and implement highly stylized art direction
• Strong technical skills toward achieving an art-directable aesthetic
• Ability to work closely with others in a collaborative environment
• Knowledge of materials and procedural geometry
• Proficiency in texturing and digital painting
• Physically-based rendering experience
• Maya experience
• Linux experience
• Understanding the production pipeline
• Shader-writing and scripting knowledge is beneficial
A reel of visual examples exemplifying work in this area is requested for review. Additionally, please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.