Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/11/2023 3:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Lighting Artist jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Lighting Artist postings
Full Time Job
For the last century, Walt Disney Animation Studios has been combining the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and visual spectacle to the big screen for audiences around the world. We currently have an exciting opportunity for Lighting Artists to join our world class award winning team at our Burbank, CA studio.
Our Lighting Artists are an integral part of the storytelling process, using their keen eye to manipulate color and light to emphasize shifts of mood both subtle and dynamic. We are looking for artists who thrive in a team environment. This includes the ability to share ideas and also to be open to ideas within the team.
Lighting artists are responsible for lighting, rendering, and compositing shots together with both character and environment renders into a final frame until it meets the vision of the Director, Production Designer, Director of Cinematography, Lighting, and Lighting Supervisors.
Lighting artists are expected to present shots in a dailies environment, effectively communicate issues regarding their shots, and deliver top-notch work within production deadlines.
• BA in Art, Digital Media, Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
• Understanding of color, contrast, and lighting design
• Notable production experience with 3D lighting and compositing
• A strong visual sense and the ability to distinguish subtle differences that affect the matching of elements created in multiple mediums
• Working knowledge of a node-based compositing system (i.e. Shake or Nuke) required
• Global illumination lighting such as V-Ray, Arnold or similar experience required
• Strong in-depth knowledge of Unix and/or Linux
• Strong problem solving skills and a good eye required
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment, taking direction from the Director, Production Designer, Director of Cinematography: Lighting, and Lighting Supervisors.
Visual examples of images exemplifying work in this area are requested for review. Please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile.
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, California, USA is $54.74 to $60.21 per (week/hour) based on a 40 hour work week. The base pay actually offered follows the minimum wage from the pay scale agreed upon in the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement and may also vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, among other factors.