Touring Production Manager
VStar Entertainment GroupTouring, US
Full Time Job
Touring Production Manager
Position we are looking to fill:
Part of a touring unit management team, the Production Manager provides leadership, supervision, management oversight and coordination of all technical and production departments as well as responsibility for unit movement logistics, venue advances and all other tour-based operations areas and needs.
Works on a day-to-day basis to maintain the integrity, consistency and safety of the production elements, crew, public and local staffing labor.
We want you if you:
• Have Minimum 5+ years in the Entertainment Industry in an Operations and/or Management field with a background or understanding for the touring entertainment industry.
• Minimum of 2 years touring experience in the Entertainment Industry.
• Ability to read and interpret documents, blue prints, safety manuals and budgets as well as write financial reports and proposals proficiently.
• Ability to solve practical problems and interpret diverse instructions delivered in a variety of forms.
• Possess exceptional communication, organization and leadership abilities.
• Self-motivated, resourceful and can work independently on a multitude of tasks simultaneously
• This position requires education generally equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Technical Theatre or equivalent education or experience.
• This position requires good oral and written communication skills in order to interact with employees.
• Direct supervisor for all technical and operational departments including but not limited to Props, Carpentry, Audio, Video Lighting, Trucking.
• Primary point of contact in preparation and distribution of operations and production planning for each city within a touring season.
• Prepare and circulate engagement advance documentation by providing schedules and labor needs for unit movement, load-in, public shows, and load-out.
• In conjunction with Company Manager, acts as point of contact for each venue during advance planning, load-in, engagement run and load-out.
• Oversees load-in and load-out by ensuring trucks are docked and ready for unload; all departments understand the schedule and plan for loading the show in and out of venues; floor plans disseminated, and changes communicated to department heads; local labor organized and serves as direct point of contact for Stewards when applicable.
• Making self-available for troubleshooting, decision making and oversight that crews are working to set goals and timelines; final walk through and sign off of production and technical elements prior to first show.
• Ensure all equipment is in ready to tour condition. Communicate any reoccurring issues with Corporate Operations department and Technical Production Services.
• Works closely with the Corporate Operations Department on weekly plans for trucking and show movement from city to city.
• Submits weekly Operations reports, invoices, estimates and other reports as required.
• In collaboration with the Company Manager responsible for reconciling weekly engagement expenses to ensure fiscal responsibility.
• Maintain open channels of communication between technical departments, unit management and corporate office by providing feedback and presenting solutions to issues that will support the company's overall business model and objectives.
• Responsible for the training, management and development of all crew with a focus on retention and developing succession plans for each department.
• Responsible for the creation, implementation and continued monitoring of touring unit compliance for all risk control and safety standards and regulations.
• Ability to carry out assignments thoroughly and accurately with an attention to detail and quality control.
• Accepts and performs all other assigned duties and projects by immediate supervisors.
• Responsible for the professional standards or conduct, appearance and workmanship of personnel in the respective jobs.
• Responsible for mediation of interdepartmental work-related disputes and cohesion.
Additional Performance Criteria
Ability to perform duties and responsibilities with the collaboration of the management team, recognizing when assistance is required.
Ability to achieve goals by using skills to maximize the motivation and collaboration of co-workers.
Ability to anticipate what needs to be done and to act in advance. Development of new work tasks and application of Innovative methods and skills.
Strong communication skills to effectively deliver directions, assignments, conduct training sessions and establish expectations on performance to direct reports.
Who We Are:
VStar Entertainment Group is a leading entertainment company and producer of unforgettable live experiences for audiences in the U.S. and internationally. From concept through activation, VStar imagines and creates custom tours featuring original content and licensed, branded tours that provide highly engaging entertainment for fans of all ages. Our integrated entertainment platform allows us to deliver a complete solution for theatrical shows, interactive exhibits and experiential events, with expertise in production development and design, tour management, booking, ticketing, venue management, marketing, promotion and publicity. We specialize in bringing amazing location-based entertainment experiences to life that audiences will remember.
Over nearly four decades, VStar has presented 36,000+ performances worldwide in 40+ countries, reaching more than two million guests annually. An overview of VStar's productions can be found in our portfolio, including PAW Patrol Live!, two high-energy musical adventures based on the hit Nickelodeon animated series produced by Spin Master; Bubble Guppies Live! ''Ready to Rock,'' Cirque Dreams, a series of productions that combine a cirque-style of performance artistry with Broadway theatrics; and Discover the Dinosaurs: Time Trek, a hands-on prehistoric-themed exhibit with attractions for the whole family. Previous VStar productions include the original Sesame Street LIVE, a series of Broadway-quality musical shows produced in cooperation with Sesame Workshop for 37 years.
• As a high growth, entrepreneurial company with 30 years of family entertainment history, we are anchored by the value of the prior journey with a firm, shared commitment to the road ahead.
• We are aligned around a shared vision of winning as one team, one company.
• We are dedicated to the growth, well-being and happiness of the individual.
VStar Entertainment Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online