Vox MusicaSacramento, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Concert Manager jobs in Sacramento-CA
Job Title: Concert Manager
Organization: Vox Musica
Location: Sacramento, CA
Compensation: $400/ per concert project ($30 per hour)
Vox Musica is a professional-level women's vocal ensemble that presents innovative concert projects that perpetuate the stories of our community and beyond. Founded in 2006, we are committed to excellence in the performance of diverse and challenging choral literature for women's voices and are dedicated to promoting new works, including many premieres and commissioned works. We engage and educate our audience through multi-media collaborative experiences.
Job Announcement: Vox Musica seeks a passionate, dynamic, and talented individual to join the team as Concert Manager. Candidates should have experience working in an arts environment and/or knowledge of live performance logistics and ticketing procedures. Applicants should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, flexible problem-solving skills, management experience, and an ability to work well under pressure. The Concert Manager is integral to successfully preparing and presenting Vox Musica's projects and events.
Job Summary: Manages all production aspects of Vox Musica's concert season (three a year) and any other public event/performance. Ensures professional handling of concert logistics from overseeing the box office manager, production manager, volunteer staff, patron services and dealing with technical issues and emergencies. The Concert Manager works in close cooperation with the music director and artistic team to provide comprehensive support for all concert activities and reports directly to the Board of Directors.
• Effectively executing the performance day activities, operations, and procedures.
• Maintain the highest level of decorum while dealing with patron issues, managing logistical issues, and possible emergencies.
• Create a positive, goal-focused team environment within the organization.
• Work with Vox Musica leadership to assess front-of-the-house budget and requirements for concerts, special projects, future planning for the next season series, and implementing new materials or processes as required.
• On-site front & back of house management and leadership for all scheduled concerts, events, and performances.
• Recruitment and management of volunteer staffing for events; determining crew sizes, event schedules, training, and ensuring the job is completed successfully.
• Nurture a relationship between our donors, board members, and patrons.
• Oversee the payment of resident and guest artists.
• Coordinate, along with the production manager, the set-up and strike of the performance venue.
• Perform additional duties as requested by the Music Director or Board of Directors.
• Knowledge of live music performance protocols.
• Flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends as events require.
• Able to make quick yet thoughtful decisions and find solutions when issues arise.
• Highly self-motivated and a self-starter.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Able to maintain a high standard of professionalism while representing Vox Musica at rehearsal and performance venues.
• Able to follow timelines and schedules based on production requirements.
• Strong communication skills.