Finance Director / Controller
Voltage PicturesLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/2/2021 11:07:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Finance Director / Controller jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Finance Director / Controller postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Finance Director / Controller?
Full Time Job
Academy Award Winning Production, Sales and Distribution Company is looking for an International Sales Coordinator.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Produce monthly, quarterly and yearly P&L and balance sheets for various companies that are part of the Voltage Pictures Group.
• Oversee all production accounting - managing multiple freelance production accountants, monitoring actual spend vs budget.
• Advise Accounting teams and Production Managers regarding courses of action necessary to comply with company's accounting policies and procedures.
• Present interim/final production cost reports to CEO and producers outlining Estimates to Complete and Estimated Final Costs.
• Involved in the budgeting process for films in development and the strategic corporate budgets of the company.
• Supervise all audits, including preparing all supporting audit documentation and responding to audit queries.
• Manage the collection process for all outstanding deposits: guild, vendor and tax credits.
• Accounts payables processing, bank reconciliations for several different bank accounts with various currencies.
• Manage the use and expense reporting of various corporate credit cards.
• Revenue and expense tracking by project, supported by detailed variance analysis.
• Responsible for Payroll processing, on-boarding new employees, managing the corporate health insurance plan and 401k.
• Responsible for the full Post Accounting function for multiple feature films.
• Responsible for all tax form compliance, issuing 1099's and requesting 6166 forms.
• Support external CPA firm on year-end closes, including general ledger analysis and tax preparation.
• Responsible for setting up new companies and incorporating them with various state/federal bodies along with setting up new bank accounts.
• Various other ad hoc finance projects as needed.
Must have at least 5 years' of relevant experience; previous employment with film sales / production company preferred.
Knowledge of QuickBooks is required, Cast & Crew PSL, EP Vista, and FilmTrack is preferred.
Salary commensurate with Experience.