Day-to-Day Artist Manager
Volara, LLCLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Are you an ambitious, positive, service-oriented individual with a passion for working alongside artists, overseeing, and executing the daily tasks of their careers with care and exceptional attention to detail?
This role is perfect for you if…. You're passionate about artist management and can't see yourself working in any other industry. You thrive in fast-paced environments and stand out in a room as a trusted advocate for the people closest to you. Integrity is a core value for you and you're looking to join a team that aligns with that aspect of your life. You have a current understanding of the music industry with an eye towards the future.
As a Day-to-Day Artist Manager, you'll be responsible for:
• Acting as a key point of contact for all third parties, filtering information as needed to the artist and artist manager to communicate/exchange information to record labels, publishers, agents, lawyers, business managers etc.
• Managing and executing artist's long term and day to day schedule.
• Efficient daily communication and information flow with artist, ensuring confidentiality and discretion at all times.
• Scheduling calls, in person and zoom meetings, between multiple parties in different time zones.
• Traveling with artist and attending press, promo, tour launches as needed.
• Assisting with planning of artist management campaigns including global release schedules, promo, social media plans, press, marketing and touring.
• Advancing shows and putting together travel itineraries- liaise with travel agents and booking agents.
• Creating and managing budgets, timelines and deliverables for short and long-term projects across all sectors of artist(s) career including, music, touring, brand partnerships, digital, and marketing activations.
• Identifying and pursuing all opportunities to help artist(s) increase their fan base and generate new income.
• Having a strong familiarity with social media usage and ability to work across all sectors of artist(s) career including music, touring, brand partnerships, digital and marketing activations.
You'll also thrive in this role if this sounds like you:
1. You're incredibly passionate about working alongside creatives! You are an A-type personality that loves creating a detailed plan but can quickly shift and come up with a new way forward when a creative idea is presented. This excites you.
2. You're well versed in the pop music landscape. You can share with your colleagues and friends about the most recent music releases, Tik Tok trends, social media buzz and current cultural landscape. You approach it all with an understanding of how these trends impact the world we live in and most importantly, the clients that we work intimately alongside.
3. You are always one step ahead. This might sound cliché but it's a must have personality trait in this position. You find joy in thinking ahead and anticipating another person's needs, so they don't have to.
4. You have good common sense and forethought. You know that when the high-stress moments hit, you are at your best, and can handle with strength while bringing an overwhelming sense of calm to an otherwise chaotic moment.
5. You don't need the spotlight. In a world obsessed with perception and a fast-paced social media environment, you can allow the artist to be the star while you find satisfaction in the service you provide for them. Your self-worth is not based on any recognition they give you or you give yourself on social media.
6. You are passionate about the mission of Volara! You recognize the strength that comes from the uniqueness of being informed by the female leadership and experience in a traditionally male-dominated field. You are energized by the company's focus on diversity, empathy and excellence.
Essential Must-Haves For this Role!
• Must have at least 2 years of experience in artist management
• Must have a car and valid driver's license
• Must have own Mac Laptop
• Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills are essential
• Must be willing to travel. Flexibility is key!
• Must have the ability and desire to be in this role long-term (at least 1 year)
Being a Part of Volara Management Means:
• You're joining a team that cares about excellence that comes through the meticulous and holistic oversight of artists' careers.
• You see value in leadership based in experience- this means you have the understanding that there's strength in learning by doing the hard work. Quick success can be exciting but there's real value in building expertise over time.
• An honest, creative, hardworking, and collaborative team excites you! You'll have the flexibility to work from home or our co-working space- the goal is to build a team that is connected and collaborative, while giving you the ability to still have a lifestyle that brings you health and joy.
• You recognize the need to find a rhythm for yourself, your career and your relationships with family and friends. The nature of the job requires a ''lifestyle'' approach- you recognize that speaking up about your needs as a human and taking time to recharge and prioritize family and friends will make you better at your job. This has traditionally been a tricky area in artist management- at Volara we want to keep an open dialogue for each individual, based the phase of life and family they're in.
• You have a ZERO tolerance for racism. Volara was born in 2020, in the midst of a long-delayed awakening for social justice. This was one of many important factors that prompted the creation of the company. By joining the team, you're ready to be an active part of our commitment as a company to celebrate diversity and inclusivity.
• Step 2: Upload the video to YouTube and set it to ''unlisted'' (this means no one except the people you share the link with will be able to view it)
• Step 3: Send your resume and cover letter, along with your ''unlisted'' YouTube video Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online