Head of Technical Operations
Voice & Script InternationalSherman Oaks, CA
Full Time Job
VSI is looking for a Head of Technical Operations to join VSI Los Angeles to lead all technical related departments including Media Services, Recording, Editing, Re-recording Mixing, Technical Support/Maintenance and Media IT.
You will oversee and continue grow teams of full-time technicians and freelancers.
You will report to the VSI Los Angeles' General Manager and be part of VSI Los Angeles management team.
You will participate in the Security Committee, setting in place security measures that meet the certifications required by our industry and clients.
You will be from time to time in contact with clients to assure that VSI Los Angeles' high quality delivery is meeting the specifications required by the most demanding industry customers.
A proven track record in Technical Operations as well as Audio and Video engineering is required.
You will ensure that technical procedures are in place for VSI LA to run local production of Dubbing, Subtitling, and Media Processing including thorough Quality Control and Electronic Delivery of content.
You will be involved in VSI Los Angeles' growth in terms of new services
Working in conjunction with the Head of Production, Head of Finance and Administration and General Manager, your responsibility will be
- Manage a team of technicians composed of full-time employees and freelancers and develop a cohesive group with team building and promoting growth among members.
- Recruit, train, set procedures, set KPI's, document, monitor, and evaluate to ensure VSI goals and expectations are met bot by you and the team,
- Help scaling the VSI Los Angeles Technical Operations without affecting the top quality of the delivery and service
- Able to record, edit or mix if needed
- Increase efficiencies by designing workflows, document and implement them leading to robust processes and new dedicated tools related to project management and production
- Determine timelines associated to a project
- Conduct job cost analysis together with other members of management team.
- Work directly with clients and internal staff to provide client specific guidance, support and solutions to client and production needs
- Oversee facilities' audio/video equipment day to day maintenance assuring technical excellence from reception of source material to final delivery.
- Produce and oversee yearly technical budget
- Implement internal procedures related to storage, backup and archival with a clear secure file/folder path structure to be easily followed by staff and freelance technicians
- Technology watch on new equipment, best practices and possible new services to offer to the market.
- Attending tradeshows, technical seminars and conferences as needed to learn new skills, expand contact network staying up to date with latest industry advances.
- Establish client specific workflows for quality control of source assets and deliverables
- Oversee quality control of source assets and deliverables for both audio and subtitling files
- Troubleshoot technical issues, ensuring accurate deliverables and correct output specifications
- Document and maintain hardware inventory and software licensing
Skills and Experience
Proven management track-record in successful people management while achieving individual and company goals.
Proficient in Protools + Avid remote surfaces + plug-ins expert
Advanced working knowledge of multi-channel sound delivery formats including 5.1, 7.1 and Dolby Atmos, and audio signal types (Analog, AES, MADI, SDI, Audio over IP ''Dante'').
Mac/PC IT expert skills
Proven sound engineering background in long and short form programming
Professional experience in a systems/IT support position or Post-Production, ideally in a sound engineering/editing/studio environment.
Good working knowledge of digital video formats and transcoding including IMF and Dolby vision formats
Experience in audio and video Quality Control practices
Solid understanding of loudness measure and different delivery specifications
Strong and efficient computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, plus experience with project management, flowcharting and database software) using both PC and MAC
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to build good working relationships in person or remotely
Ability to work independently and on own initiative
Excellent organizational and time management skills, multi-tasking, planning and risk management skills and the ability to delegate responsibilities effectively
Established network of contacts among sound technicians
A keen attention to detail, working with tight deadlines and operating within budgetary constraints
We are one of the world's leading localisation companies, offering foreign-language versioning services such as voice-over, dubbing, subtitling, access services and translation services as well as media services, post-production and graphic design. We have a wide portfolio of international and local clients including some of the biggest global brands in the entertainment, media and corporate industry.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online