Voice & Script InternationalSherman Oaks, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a dubbing producer to join our VSI Los Angeles Office to fully oversee dubbing projects produced at VSI Los Angeles mostly into English for multiple clients. An experienced dubbing background is desired.
You will report to the VSI Los Angeles' Dubbing Production Supervisor and you will get support from our UK headquarters Technical Services department.
Working in conjunction with the Dubbing Production Supervisor and a colleague in charge of scheduling you will be responsible for
• Manage the full dubbing process from quotation to delivery
• Be involved in all creative (s.a. adaptation, casting, setting creative guidelines together with the customer and the director) and technical matters (closely with staff sound engineers and freelancers).
• Ensure projects meet internal and client expectations with respect to quality, budget and delivery timelines.
• Track and report cost and schedule changes, and highlight any issues to the project team and/or client in a proactive and timely fashion.
• Continuously monitor and review production processes and, as part of the project team, implement improvements that will result in improved turnaround times, decreased costs of production and/or improved client satisfaction.
• Identify, track, manage and mitigate risks of specific client requests. Escalate any issues when necessary to ensure minimal impact on quality, budget and timeline.
• Compile and present project performance data at internal monthly review.
• Ensure database is kept up to date with account information, projects notes, etc.
• Reviews production schedules and estimates work hours needed for completion of job assignments.
• Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
• Communicates and executes schedule needs by coordinating resources accordingly, including but not limited to translators, adaptors, directors, casting directors, talent, engineers, technicians, studio/suites and third-party resources (engineers and/or studios).
• Revises schedule according to client requests, production needs, established priorities, and availability or capability of staff or equipment.
• Outsources audio post tasks to international hubs or local third-party vendors.
• Tracks and organizes production elements such as, but not limited to, scripts and approvals
• Ensures assignment of rights agreements and other legal documents are properly executed by all creative resources for all local projects.
Skills and Experience
• Demonstrable project management experience in the media sector is essential
• Strong background handling dubbing and subtitling localization projects.
• Previous experience working in a Dubbing studio dealing with talent and project coordination is a plus.
• Previous experience in a managerial role is desired.
• Previous experience with dubbing and/or subtitling files with strong knowledge of one or multiple of the following software like Protools, Swift, or EZ Titles is desired.
• Strong and efficient computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, plus experience with project management, flowcharting and database software) using both PC and MAC
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to build good working relationships in person or remotely
• Ability to work independently and on own initiative with attention to detail
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, multi-tasking, planning and risk management skills and the ability to delegate responsibilities effectively
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Ability to work 40 (or more) hours per week to fulfil position duties and responsibilities.
We are one of the world's leading localization companies, offering foreign-language versioning services such as voice-over, dubbing, subtitling and translation services, as well as post-production and graphic design. We have a wide portfolio of international and local clients including some of the biggest global brands in the entertainment, media and corporate industry.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online