Media Services Operator
Voice & Script International (VSI)Sherman Oaks, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Media Services Operator to join our VSI Los Angeles Office, operating within the department of the same name. This position will report to the Media Services Manager. Responsibilities will include asset ingest / egress (transmissions), program quality control, and audio mastering services to meet the requirements of our clients.
• Send, receive, and distribute client and vendor files via secure transfer methods like FTP and Aspera Faspex
• Track, label, and inspect incoming video and audio assets to ensure compliance with technical specifications and quality standards
• Conform, edit, and prep audio and video materials for recording, editing, and mixing
• Execute thorough quality control procedures of source materials received and final deliverables
• Document any issues or technical errors with audio materials and submit detailed QC reports describing the issues to be corrected
• Perform other related duties within the Media Services department as assigned, including video transcoding, watermarking, assisting with studio equipment and troubleshooting, creating and editing voice samples
Required Skills and Experience
• Good working knowledge of digital audio and video formats, frame rates, and deliverables commonly used in dubbing and/or post-production workflows
• 1+ year of Pro Tools experience preferred; Avid Nexis and NLE (DaVinci Resolve) experience is a plus
• Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and discretion
• Ability to communicate with team, update status to Project Managers and respond to requests in a professional manner
• Ability to successfully multi-task, meet deadlines, and manage multiple and often changing priorities and issues
• Excellent at problem solving, taking initiative, and being resourceful
• Ability to identify and anticipate source Audio and Video issues
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Google Drive
• Familiarity with industry standard media transfer protocols and archival methods
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Secondary language(s) preferred but not required
VSI has returned to working on-site and this role is expected to be in person.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online