Dubbing Producer (Project Manager)
Voice & Script International (VSI)Van Nuys, CA
Full Time Job
We are one of the world's leading localisation companies, offering foreign-language versioning services such as voice-over, dubbing, subtitling and translation services as well as post-production and graphic design. We have a wide portfolio of international and local clients including some of the biggest global brands in the entertainment, media and corporate industry.
We are looking for a DUBBING PRODUCER to join our VSI Los Angeles Office to fully oversee dubbing projects produced at VSI Los Angeles mostly into English for multiple clients. An experienced dubbing background is desired.
You will report to the VSI Los Angeles' Dubbing Production Supervisor, and you will get support from our technical and scheduling team.
This is a fulltime position and will be required to be on-site at our Van Nuys studio.
Working in conjunction with the Dubbing Production Supervisor and a team of Production Coordinators, you will be responsible for managing the full dubbing process from quotation of services through final delivery. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders on all elements of the creative process (i.e., script adaptation, casting, liaising with client and project director to set creative guidelines.
• Create, execute and communicate scheduling needs to effectively coordinate all resources, including but not limited to translators, adaptors, directors, casting directors, and third-party participants.
• Revises schedule according to client requests, production needs, established priorities, and availability or capability of staff or equipment.
• Create master budgets for each project, consistently monitoring and controlling costs.
• Approve vendor invoices and handle billing with clients upon completion of project.
• Track and report cost and schedule changes and highlight any issues to the project team and/or client in a proactive and timely fashion.
• Review production schedules and estimate work hours needed for completion of job assignments.
• Identify, track, manage and mitigate risks of specific client requests. Escalate any issues when necessary to ensure minimal impact on quality, budget and timeline.
• Work closely with sound engineers on all technical matters related to the production.
• Outsources audio post tasks to international hubs or local third-party vendors as needed.
• Ensures assignment of rights agreements and other legal documents are properly executed by pertinent creative resources for all local projects.
• Adhere to the strictest internal and external (client) expectations with respect to quality, budget and delivery timelines.
• Compile and present project performance data at internal monthly review.
• Continuously monitor and review production processes and, as part of the project team, implement improvements that will result in improved turnaround times, decreased costs of production and/or improved client satisfaction.
Skills and Experience
• Demonstrated producing and/or project management experience in media or entertainment is essential.
• Strong background handling dubbing and subtitling localization projects.
• Previous experience working in a Dubbing studio dealing with talent and project coordination is a plus.
• Previous experience in a managerial role and the ability to delegate effectively is highly desired.
• Previous experience with dubbing and/or subtitling files with strong knowledge of one or multiple of the following softwares like Protools, EZ Titles or VoiceQ is desired.
• Strong and efficient computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, plus experience with project management, flowcharting and database software) using both PC and MAC
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to build good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders while both in person or remotely.
• Ability to work independently and proactively while still working as part of a high-functioning team.
• Attention to detail coupled with excellent organizational and time management skills are mandatory; experience in multi-tasking, planning and risk management key.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines while under pressure.
• Ability to work 40 (or more) hours per week to fulfil position duties and responsibilities.
VSI has returned to working on-site and this role is expected to be fulltime in person.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online