Visual Data Media ServicesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Visual Data Media Services is a global leader and award-winning multimedia company, with offices in Burbank, London and Bangalore. We offer end-to-end creative and digital media supply chain solutions with spectacular results.
Our services include encoding, transcoding, editing, audio, foley, content management, quality control, subtitling, captioning, dubbing, film scanning, color, restoration and finishing services.
Our operational goal is to provide an exceptional customer experience to every client on every job by focusing on quality, on-time delivery, and innovation. We are a culture rich environment that is guided by our core values, accountability, integrity, courtesy, empowerment and can-do attitude.
We are currently searching for a dynamic Project Engineer in our Engineering/Operations departments to oversee and lead a facility reconfiguration project. The scope of work is to assess the current infrastructure, develop an integration wiring and project plan, coordinate internal and external contractors, and oversee the successful build-out to completeness.
**Please note: This role is temporary, and the project is expected to last for 90 days.**
Do you think you have what it takes? Are you a dynamic leader? Do you excel working with Teams? Are your organizational and communication skills second to none?
Candidates up for the challenge must be self-motivated, with superior work ethic and have the ability to complete tasks with minimal direct supervision.
The Project Engineer responsibilities include the coordination and completion of the assessment and reconfiguration of our operational and technological infrastructure, on time, within budget and scope.
This person will:
• Oversee all aspects of the technology and operational infrastructure reconfiguration
• Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project
• Prepare reports for the executive team and functional leads
The successful candidate will report directly to the Director of Engineering and work directly with the SVP Operations to ensure all deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other functional leads to ensure all aspects of the project are being met in a timely matter.
• Coordinate internal resources and third party/vendors to achieve flawless execution of projects and tasks
• Ensure all projects and tasks are delivered on-time, within scope and budget
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Ensure resource availability and allocation
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
• Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
• Report and escalate to management as needed
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks
• Establish and maintain relationships with other third parties/vendors
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Meet with stakeholders to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
• Delegate project tasks to functional leads with oversight for successful completion
• Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
• Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis
• Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with stakeholders
• Use and continually develop leadership skills
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document need
• Familiar with MS Project or other project management software
• Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
• Proven working experience in project management
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Visio
• Experience with AutoCAD is a plus
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years of post-production engineering or media distribution experience
• Results oriented with strong attention to detail
• Strong knowledge of post-production systems, technology and operational workflows
• Working knowledge of audio and video signal flow, physical and file-based formats, aspect ratios, frame rates and conversion processes
• Working knowledge of data center design including cabling, power, and HVAC requirements
• Strong multi-tasker, experienced with organizing and managing multiple priorities, while retaining comprehensive knowledge of multiple workflows
• Strong ability to follow direction, work unsupervised, at a fast pace in a calm and collected manner
• Ability to troubleshoot and act as a critical thinker
Skills & Proficiencies:
• Developing and Tracking Budgets
• Change Management
• Project Management
• Process Improvement
• Performance Management
• Inventory Control
• Verbal Communication
• Continual computer keyboard and monitor use while sitting to perform desk-related work for extended periods of time.
• Continual use of telephone system to receive and convey information
• Occasional walking, grasping, reaching, bending, carrying, and lifting (up to 20 lbs.)
• Position may require employee to be available to work overtime, depending on the Company service requirements
• Position may require employee to be available to work 8 hours a day and 5 days a week, depending on the Company scheduling requirements
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
The Project Engineer position works in an office environment, utilizing a phone, computer and printed data to perform work. The office environment is typically quiet with ambient temperatures that are normally controlled by heater units or A/C units. The Project Engineer often sits for long periods of time and may work in a time-sensitive environment related to client and service completion, resulting in a demanding and fast paced environment.