Film Sales Assistant
Visit FilmsBrooklyn, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/30/2022 6:45:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Sales Category
Search for Film Sales Assistant jobs in Brooklyn-NY
Search all Film Sales Assistant postings
Part Time Job
Visit Films is seeking a Part-Time Sales Assistant to support our team in the worldwide sales and distribution of feature films and documentaries to distribution partners around the world.
Main duties for the position include assisting the sales team, interacting with domestic and international clients, film market preparation, preparing film rights licensing information and updating the client and rights databases, and contract work. The right candidate will be able to work with the assistant director of sales and the company president to optimize sales strategy and assist with the needs of territorial clients throughout the world for film licensing.
Additionally, office management and basic admin work will be part of the daily tasks including ordering supplies, filing, and other general office / administrative duties. This position is 20(+) hours a week (with the hours increasing around busy markets) and has the potential to become full time for the right candidate.
Updating and maintaining client database, creating target lists of clients, prospecting new clients.
Preparing availability reports for international and domestic distributors/broadcasters.
Updating and maintaining the rights management database and sales contract database.
Drafting basic contracts and deal memos.
Collecting royalty statements and logging payments in our digital system
Assisting the sales team with the company's participation in various films festivals and markets including - coordinating travel, schedules, accommodation, organization of booth, event preparation, product listing, coordinating events at select major film festivals.
Assistance with digital film placement and distribution across the world.
Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree required. No current students please.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word and database software (Pipeliner CRM / FilmTrack preferred but not required). Ability to quickly become familiar with new software and emerging platforms/apps.
• Demonstrated experience in the film industry (sales/distribution or production), ability and enthusiasm to learn about the intricacies of the film sales business and its environment (should not be afraid of numbers and legal language).
• Strong communication and organizational skills with a specific focus on / attention to detail.
• Comfortable working with people who are traveling internationally and in various time zones.
• Ability to prioritize and adapt to the demands of the job, meeting strict deadlines, problem-solving skills, remaining flexible, calm and focused while multitasking in high pressure situations.
• Experience with/interest in independent film strongly preferred. Sales experience (in any industry) also helpful.
• Enthusiastic and personable, ability to speak to clients with comfort and ease.
• Fluency in at least one foreign language extremely helpful.
• A strong love of international travel and social environments.
• A born seller.
Visit Films represents the best in world cinema for sales and distribution. Visit licenses to theatrical distributors, DVD/digital outlets and broadcasters. Additionally, Visit works with over 600+ festivals and non-theatrical screening venues each year to program our slate of titles. The company has been nominated or won Oscars, Gothams, Indie Spirits and prizes at every major festival in the world.
Based in Brooklyn, NY, Visit Films is a world sales company specializing in daring and original work from diverse filmmakers all around the globe. Visit represents Oscar-nominated and award winning films from the world's top festivals, including Cannes, Berlin, Sundance, Rotterdam, Toronto, SXSW, Tribeca, and many more.
With years of extensive expertise and a catalog of 200+ titles, Visit understands what it takes to navigate today's constantly evolving market. As one of the only true worldwide sales companies with a strong presence in the American market handling sales to N. America, the company is able to strategize and plan for coordinated worldwide releases. Visit works on films in all stages from development to completion and licenses to theatrical distributors, DVD/digital outlets, and broadcasters. Additionally, the company works with hundreds of festivals and non-theatrical screening venues each year to program its slate of titles.
Visit has helped to launch some of today's most talented and innovative filmmakers, including the Safdie brothers, David Robert Mitchell, Eliza Hittman, and Kogonada, while continuing to cultivate relationships with steadfast auteurs such as Werner Herzog, Harmony Korine, Josephine Decker, and the Duplass brothers.
Visit Films is also the parent company for US based distributor Monument Releasing and the feature and documentary development incubator Pretty ____ Ideas.