Executive Assistant, Business & Legal Affairs
Village Roadshow Entertainment GroupCentury City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/28/2021 12:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Executive Assistant, Business & Legal Affairs jobs in Century City-CA
Search all Executive Assistant, Business & Legal Affairs postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Assistant, Business & Legal Affairs? Note: We are looking for someone with some BA and/or legal experience, or even junior attorneys. This is not a desk for people who only have creative production/development experience or are looking for that type of role, as administrative tasks are only a small piece of this position. Thanks for your understanding!
Village Roadshow Entertainment Group (Century City, CA) is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the company's EVP of Business Affairs, as well as some work for Legal Affairs. The position will be fully remote, until further notice. This is a great role for someone who wants to learn all facets of the business side of a studio/production company across film, scripted, and unscripted TV. This is an extremely high-volume desk at a smaller company with a collaborative team. Salary DOE and company offers vacations, holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, and 401k.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Calendar scheduling and management for the EVP of BA, including adding deadlines, and keeping all parties appraised of timely issues
- Maintain and circulate extensive project deal status chart detailing projects, talent, and deals to be made across film and TV development projects
- Managing payment process of fees in accordance with WGA writer agreements and rights acquisitions
- Researching talent credits and info online, staying apprised of major industry info and notifying relevant parties of important updates
- Editing and drafting correspondence related to film and TV development and production, including payment transmittal letters and emails, and short form project agreements for TV and film
- Processing any and all other development payments related to film and TV
- Analyzing, tracking, and coordinating rights and option terms; ability to organize efficiently in Excel and Outlook calendars with extreme detail
- Maintaining email inbox for the EVP of BA with the utmost attention to detail, urgency, and organization
- Submitting signatory documents including weekly reports to the WGA in accordance with guild requirements
- Maintaining and uploading documents to board corporate reporting portal
- Answering executive phones and conferencing/rolling calls when needed (expected upon return to office)
- Scanning and photocopying confidential documents (expected upon return to office)
• A minimum of two plus (2+) years of relevant entertainment experience and interest in business affairs or related field.
• Ability to handle multiple administrative tasks quickly and with a high degree of accuracy.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
• Excellent computer and internet skills; specific proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Studio System and IMDbPRO
• The ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and prioritize efficiently when needed.
• Ability to work well within a fast-paced team.
• A professional, pleasant and friendly demeanor.
• Must have good judgment and high integrity.
• Ability to handle confidential documents and information with discretion. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.