Social Media Manager
VibeLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/1/2021 2:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Social Media Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Social Media Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Social Media Manager?
Full Time Job
VIBE: Social Media Manager
Since the early '90s, VIBE has been an authoritative voice, celebrating and reporting on the Black experience and its multi-cultural impact on Music, TV/Film, Fashion, and Lifestyle. VIBE is about the message, the mood, and the movement that informs and inspires the masses.
We are seeking a seasoned Social Media Manager to convey VIBE's tone and strengthen audience engagement across our social media feeds. This highly motivated self-starter has a passion for audience growth, spotting trends, and increasing the brand's visibility. They are practically obsessed with the world of social media yet know a thing or three about best practices for SEO and SMO. For them, every post is a timely opportunity to spark conversation or tell an interesting story with a consistent brand aesthetic. This position is for a flexible team player who can perform in a fast-paced environment and understands that breaking news, award show, and live event coverage isn't limited to the hours of 9 to 5.
The full-time Social Media Manager will be based in the New York City area. Manager will report to the Executive Editor and Editor-in-Chief.
• Post and schedule content on VIBE-owned channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
• Engage with followers to drive conversation and increase website traffic
• Moderate member conversations, including user-generated comments and spam
• Plan and maintain VIBE's social media content calendar around cultural anniversaries, major events, and milestones
• Develop and execute social media strategies around editorial features, tentpoles, and branded/sponsored content
• Utilize data analytics to report on overall community engagement and strengthen KPIs
• Collaborate with photo editors, graphic designers, video team on native content executions
• Leverage social media sentiment to identify brand opportunities and alert editorial team on trending topics
• 3-5 years of experience producing digital content for a major outlet or newsroom
• Solid understanding of VIBE's history and how to engage with a multi-generational audience
• Strong familiarity with each platform's insights and publishing features, including third-party management tools
• Strategic thinker who can translate and promote editorial content on social media in a creative, fresh, and engaging way
• Keen eye for detail, copy grammar errors, typos and brand voice
• Strong knowledge in music (hip-hop and R&B) and Black/pop culture
• Adobe Photoshop experience a plus
• Journalism and marketing background preferred
Founded by Quincy Jones in 1992, VIBE is a music, entertainment, fashion, and lifestyle platform that tackles topics within the urban community while pushing the conversation and cultural needle forward. With a diverse, global audience and a 28-year-plus legacy, VIBE stands as one of the leading and credible voices featuring expertly written and curated editorial within the media industry.