VibeNew York, NY
Full Time Job
VIBE: R&B Reporter
Since the early '90s, VIBE has been an authoritative voice, celebrating and reporting on the Black experience and its multi-cultural impact on Music, TV/Film, Fashion, and Lifestyle. VIBE is about the message, the mood, and the movement that informs and inspires the masses.
We are seeking an R&B Reporter who is passionate about the genre and its soulful history. The R&B Reporter at VIBE will cover the talent and notable industry figures that tap into the music's nostalgic essence and current international impact.
The reporter's mission will be to convey compelling angles by way of analyzing, critiquing, educating, and informing our audience. This full-time role can be based in either the Los Angeles or NYC newsrooms.
What You'll Do:
• Write accurate and concise music-related news articles with a sense of urgency
• Utilize investigative reporting skills and network to break news and secure exclusives
• Ideate evergreen content (lists, charts, etc.) around R&B and connected genres
• Review music, interview subjects, and engage with followers on VIBE-owned social media channels
• Conduct interviews with subjects in and connected to the R&B space
• Contribute to award show coverage of performances and the commentary around them
• Collaborate with VIBE's editorial and video team on original content and projects
Founded by Quincy Jones in 1992, VIBE is a music, entertainment, fashion, and lifestyle platform that tackles topics within the urban community while pushing the conversation and cultural needle forward. With a diverse, global audience and a 28-year-plus legacy, VIBE stands as one of the leading and credible voices featuring expertly-written and curated editorial within the media industry.