VibeNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/5/2023 10:23:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Music Editor jobs in New York-NY
Search all Music Editor postings
Full Time Job
VIBE is looking to add an exceptional Music Editor to its growing team. Since the early ‘90s, VIBE has been an authoritative voice, celebrating and reporting on the Black experience and its multi-cultural impact on Music, TV/Film, Fashion, and Lifestyle. VIBE is about the message, the mood, and the movement that informs and inspires the masses.
We are seeking a seasoned Music Editor who has a deep knowledge of music, specifically the genres of Hip-Hop and R&B. This polisher of words has a passion for the genres’ global impact and influence on other styles of music. They stay ahead of the curve on trends, talent, and hot topics while being able to build the bridge between Hip-Hop and R&B’s past, present, and future.This individual’s mission will be to convey the stories that need to be told by way of analyzing, critiquing, educating, and informing our audience. The full-time role will be based in the New York City area. Editor will report to the Executive Editor and Editor-in-Chief.
What You’ll Do:
• Write accurate and concise music-related news articles
• Edit original music content—cover stories, lists, profiles, reported pieces, and reviews
• Develop and oversee original stories based on music events, music news and music releases
• Spearhead ideation of original content around Hip-Hop culture and music-related topics
• Commission freelance contributors, staff writers, and reporters for big music lists and features
• Utilize investigative reporting skills and network to break music news and secure exclusives
• Occasionally conduct interviews with subjects in and connected to the hip-hop/R&B space
• Collaborate with VIBE’s editorial, marketing/sales, social, and video teams on original and branded content projects as needed
• Represent the brand at music industry conferences, events, and on press/media platforms
• 4 years of experience as a writer and editor for a website
• Strong relationships and contacts within the music industry
• Demonstrates ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Possesses an affinity for developing writers and executing a story idea, from start to finish
• Solid familiarity with VIBE’s history in the coverage of hip-hop and R&B is preferred
• Background in reporting and writing in a breaking news environment a plus
Typical wage range: $75k - $85k
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Founded by Quincy Jones in 1992, VIBE is a music, entertainment, fashion, and lifestyle platform that tackles topics within the urban community while pushing the conversation and cultural needle forward. With a diverse, global audience and a 28-year-plus legacy, VIBE stands as one of the leading and credible voices featuring expertly written and curated editorial within the media industry.
PMC is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Gold Derby and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, and Life is Beautiful. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit?www.PMC.com.?