VP, Supplier Diversity and Sourcing Sustainability
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Motivated by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and includes one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents!
We are looking for a Vice President of Supplier Diversity & Sourcing Sustainability to join our team! As the area of Supplier Diversity (SD) continues to evolve and grow in importance at VCBS, the Vice President, SD will play a more strategic role in crafting the program and how the company attracts, develops and grows diverse suppliers within its ecosystem globally. This role plays an instrumental part in evolving the SD program to ensure that VCBS is viewed as a role model in this area and that the program delivers long-term value to both VCBS and the communities it serves everywhere.
Additionally, this role will work with sourcing, and internal partners to set and drive the organization's approach to ESG (environmental and social governance) with the goal to minimize the company's environmental impact and improve its positive social impact.
You will be charged with working with leaders across the organization to align the organization on the SD and ESG vision, goals, and strategies. This will be accomplished by instituting shared objectives with key leaders and implementing processes for objective setting, monitoring progress, and reporting of results from BOD down to the individual businesses. You will work with Global Sourcing and other teams to identify and develop diverse suppliers, grow our spending with diverse suppliers, and partner with and influence external organizations to better support VCBS and other companies to achieve their D&I and sustainability goals. This position reports through Global Sourcing with a dotted line reporting to Office of Global Inclusion (OGI).
Key role responsibilities:
• Sets the strategic Vision and Strategy for the VCBS Supplier Diversity (SD) and Sustainability Programs. Provide thoughtful leadership on how the programs should evolve to keep up with the changing external environment and ensure we are a leader in this space. Determine program's global scope, goals and objectives, and articulate the business rationale and interdependencies with other business strategies. Align Sr. Leadership up to and including the BOD level to the vision, strategies and goals, and annual targets and plans for the enterprise and key leaders at L1 level. Provide regular updates on progress against key objectives.
• Cultivates and leads positive partnerships with external advocacy groups that provide value to VCBS through improved public relations and access to new diverse suppliers and talent. Act as an ambassador for VCBS to these organizations and ensure VCBS has accurate representation/input into key decisions made by these groups (via board seats, advisory roles, etc.) that affect how these organizations support VCBS and their other constituents.
• Leads internal advocacy initiatives to ensure broad company awareness and alignment to program goals, including BOD's. Prepare and present all internal program materials, including presentations, policies, progress and spend reports, intranet sites, etc. Conduct regular meetings with key internal leaders to ensure business consensus and support of program, and alignment on strategies and plans.
• Prepares and aligns organization on annual operating plans for SD and Sustainability. Meet with all key partners to review their diverse spending, key diverse suppliers, incremental opportunity areas for diverse suppliers within their businesses, and align on action items and key objectives (including diverse spending targets, energy use targets, etc.) for next year. Create and develop meetings and effective processes to track and communicate progress and make necessary adjustments if needed.
• Creates, aligns the organization, and implements strategies to address various environmental concerns to reduce company's carbon footprint and achieve our long-term environmental impact objectives. Work with Global Sourcing and other key internal partners to develop plans to increase green energy use, reduce pollution and waste, recycling, building and facility design, and general education on sustainability. Identifies creative ways in which the company can balance business obligations while respecting, supporting, and improving the local and global environments. Evaluates efficacy of sustainability programs; recommends and implements improvements as necessary. Tracks and reports progress on key initiatives.
• Develops portfolio of key diverse suppliers across the enterprise. Work with Partners in the business to understand current and future business needs and priorities, scout for potential diverse supplier partners, work alongside Sourcing and Partners to vet them, and then coach and mentor suppliers to enable their success in winning business with VCBS. Establish multiyear plan to develop a pipeline of strategic suppliers across key categories for each major business unit.
• Provide leadership to internal resources assigned to SD and Sustainability. Lead direct reports plus individuals on other teams (i.e. data analysts) that are critical for day to day management and execution of the programs. Ensure these resources are accurately focused, have clear roles, responsibilities and assigned tasks supporting activities such as crafting diverse spend reports for partners, Tier 2 program management and reporting, supplier outreach and support, support/coordinate logistics related to VCBS's participation in external events, and supporting our critical initiatives.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience in developing annual supplier diversity plans
• Thorough and current knowledge of sustainability practices, and applicable laws and regulations
• Excellent communication, influencing, and presentation skills. Position will require presentations to upper management
• Demonstrated ability to effectively run multiple activities / events and prioritize
• Able to travel at least 25%. This job requires travel for business-related purposes related to supplier site visits, attendance of various supplier diversity organization meetings/events, intercompany events and team meetings
• Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity (CPSD) or Certified Diversity Professional (CDP) preferred
• Experience with ERP systems, (SAP, Oracle, etc) standard analytical tools (Excel, Access) and spend management and reporting tools
• Current or past experience in serving in leadership positions for Supplier Diversity organizations (e.g. NMSDC, WBENC, NaVOBA)
• Graduate degree (e.g., JD, MS, PhD)