VP Human Resources
ViacomCBSLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/1/2021 8:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for VP Human Resources jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all VP Human Resources postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a VP Human Resources?
Full Time Job
Role: Vice President Human Resources
The VP Human Resources has overall responsibility for the design, development and delivery of effective HR strategies for CBS Media Ventures and which include HR support of our syndicated TV shows and also assists with the Global Distribution Group. This HR executive will report directly into the SVP, Human Resources. As a senior member of the HR team, this VP will be asked to step outside of their lane and think broadly about how to move the larger business forward. This is a hands-on role!
• Drive key HR initiatives including but not limited to staffing, performance management, compensation strategies, organizational planning, training and development, rewards & recognition, employee engagement, retention, organizational effectiveness and employee communication.
• Partner with the senior leadership team and key stakeholders to establish an HR strategic vision needed to support and drive the business forward.
• Lead through change as the media landscape continues to evolve.
• Identify and execute on HR central initiatives and processes that enhance the employee experience (i.e. portfolio specific learning and development opportunities, culture and engagement programming, Org Design, etc.).
• Develop and drive diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives in partnership across the organization and with the Corporate DE&I team.
• Provide interpretation of HR policies, practices and procedures to employees and managers.
• Work with business leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities; act as an employee advocate; help drive various corporate and division business initiatives.
• Work closely with subject-matter-expert partners to provide guidance and recommendations around labor standards, employment law, compensation, learning, benefits, etc.
• Provide coaching to employees & managers.
• Lead, manage, and develop an HR team, providing direction and identifying development and engagement opportunities that support and encourage high performance.
• Ability to work with systems, interpret data and format reports to inform decisions.
• Investigate, document and resolve employment-related claims in compliance with federal and state laws, Company policies and initiatives.
• Partner with appropriate COVID Task Force members and partners to ensure ongoing or anticipated employee activities are approved and in compliance with ViacomCBS Health and Safety protocols, local ordinances and union labor agreements.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field of study.
• Minimum of 10 years professional HR experience with known to work in leading teams and partnering with senior executives.
• HR leader with a collaborative style and the ability to influence.
• Accountable, willing to take action, ability to make an impact, strong problem solver, innovative, creative, and resourceful.
• Ability to earn trust, quickly build relationships.
• Courage to express a different point of view.
• Uses sound judgment to solve complex people problems.
• Project management experience.
• Comfort level with ambiguity.
• Someone who truly enjoys TV content and the production environment!
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.